Hi all,

One of the things I've personally found as a healer is that it is easier to direct healing energy towards others than towards myself. The energy just seems to flow better, with pure intention, when it's towards others. I also think that when I'm in pain, it's difficult to devote full attention and focus on myself outside of that pain. That's not to say that I haven't directed healing energy towards myself.. I often do. But I do recognize that there is often a lesson behind the struggle and it's important to know pain and know how generous it can be to help the pain of others, as well as it being important sometimes to know when to ask for help.

Last summer I was doing some work in the yard and sprained a muscle on my left side, lower back. I didn't think much of it, it healed rather quickly, but I don't think it was a very good heal as it's been plaguing me for almost a year now. A week after the sprain, I stepped off a curb without realizing it was there and caused further damage to that area. Basically, other muscles have since picked up the slack and it has caused pain and inflammation in my hip and upper thigh such that for the whole summer I could not wear any kind of pants/trousers. Now it's gotten to the point where I am in discomfort just by sitting... an area on my outside thigh always feels pressure and pain, like I'm sitting on an object.

I have used yoga to call out the original injury in my lower back and work with that muscle, in addition to exercise. I also have run the gamut of seeing the doctor, heat pads, hot baths, painkillers, and massage, as well as directing healing energy at the area, but I could definitely use any additional help. I am just starting to feel like I've lived with this injury long enough and I should swallow my pride and ask for help. Here is a photo of me, if that helps.

Thank you in advance.
-Andrea