Thread: obsticles, drowning

obsticles, drowning

I had the most awful dream last night. I woke up feeling sick about it.

It was full of symbols, so it would be great if you could help me out with it.

I was in the town where I grew up, walking down by the river bridge. It didn’t look quite the same as it did when I lived there. It was dirtier, and there was junk around.

I was holding my baby, but then he jumped down and started to run away from me. I chased after him, but there were these giant chunks of cement that kept blocking me from reaching him. He was always just out of reach.

He was running towards the water, and I kept telling him to stop but he didn’t. He landed in the water and couldn’t stay up. I couldn’t get to him and was panicking because he was down there floating, face down in the water. I couldn’t reach him!

Off to the side I saw movement. It was my mother, and she reached out and grabbed him by the back of the shirt. I think he was OK, but I woke up before I knew for sure.

Blog Entries

Re: obsticles, drowning

A river could be about energy flow. Dirt and junk could be impurities in the energy flow. Could also be about the flow of events.

Chunks of cement - hmm. Is this anything like concrete? Could be something set, fixed, fixed ideas, inflexible. It hinders you but not him. So this is maybe about you.

Then again, maybe this is just a nightmare thing, something to obstruct you to create a situation where you are not in control, to play that fear of yours out. Something where you can not control the situation about your child, an obvious fear of every parent.

As a baby he is too young to navigate life on its own, but he still may have own ideas about it. (Running away from you to exercise his own will.) Maybe his higher aspects do, at least, even though at this age he has little control about that (That's why he has trouble staying afloat in the water, which expresses his lack of control at this physical age to bring his own will to bear, even if he is as a soul present on these higher levels as well.)

Maybe your mother is there as a message that you are not the only force out there protecting him, but that there are protective forces out there (motherly) on the other side, monitoring the flow of events and helping protect him as well. A message that there is help available that is as close as family.

Still, since your mother lives far away, also the help in some sense is, but more like "psychological distance", this time "far away" in the higher planes. That's why everything may be portrayed as a river, as a flow of events or energies, because that is how life is seen on the higher planes - flows of energy. So, spirits that in a sense are like family to you in the higher planes help shape the events and prevent certain outcomes, and especially would help protect children in the flow of events.

Oliver

I just remembered that at no point in the dream did I see my son's face. I only saw him from the back. I think the dream must not be about him but about something else.

I definitely have an issue with not being able to control the circumstances of my life.

Timotheus Guest

Blog Entries

Just a thought - any project or undertaking could be referred to as "my baby."

Oliver