Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I open my root chakra?

How can I open my root chakra?

I have been told that I need to open my root chakra, and my crown chakra aswell. The root chakra is supposed to be opened before the crown chakra, i heard.

I was told to lightly press my index and lumb together chanting LAM for several minutes and also, bend the knees slightly letting all my wight go to the floor.

Anyone know any other techniques, these ones didnt seem to work too well.

Blog Entries

Grounding

Here's a meditation to open your root chakra:
    Sit on the floor with your legs as comfortable as possible, cross or bend them so the soles meet (whichever is more comfortable). Make sure the area of your root is in contact with the floor. Close your eyes and feel the ground beneath you. Breathe in and out slowly; establish a rythmn that feels natural to you. Now imagine the center of the earth way below you, imagine the molten fire going around and around; the heat; the power; feel its pull on your body, how if feels connected to the ground. Next imagine a red streak of energy (like a laser, for example) going from the center of the earth up to your root; feel its power and warmth entering you as you breathe, and feel it going inside the root and giving it power and heat. Imagine your root getting warmer and glowing red with the heat of the earth- enjoy the feeling of connection you have with the earth- feel the red color radiating from your chakra. If necessary imagine it as a glowing red ball of power, a miniature of the center of the earth. Feel yourself tethered to the center of the earth. Feel the connection.
    Now, if that doesn't do it...
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The root chakra is about feelings of safety and security. It deals with things like money and having a place to live. The best way to make long term changes to open up your root or base chakra is to start making changes in your life to increase feelings of being supported and of having everything you need. Mantra, mudra, asanas, herbs, and meditations can support your efforts, but often it is necessary to approach at the same time by making changes in your beliefs and lifestyle. This leads to more lasting changes.

stargazer Guest
    Thanks for posting that, CF...

I am having such a devil of a time getting any NEW sensations out of my root chakra. AD says that if you're getting sensations in higher chakras that some energy is indeed going through, but I'd love for it to be as active as my other ones are.

Right now I'm kind of at,

Root chakra: No sensations whatsoever from NEW work
    Navel chakra: Very strong sensations. Rumbles and burbles a lot on its own
    (Solar plexus chakra: Strong, sometimes blends too well with navel to tell apart)
    Heart chakra: Good sensations
    Throat chakra: Mild sensations
    Brow chakra: Strong sensations
    Crown chakra: Good sensations

Dsmoke Guest
    Any time I've had trouble feeling a chakra and getting it to move, I poke it. It sounds odd but it works for me. Focusing on the physical sensation sometimes helps you open your awareness to the energetic sensation, and then you can get energy flowing.

Of course you're talking about the root chakra, which is pretty close to the sex organs so do be careful that you don't get aroused and lose your concentration. If that happens, this probably isn't the right technique for you.

oath Guest
    You must feel, that is the key to energy The rest will follow

BigTings Guest
    the root chakra i dont think has anything to do with money or physical things like that, it actually strobes and you feel it pounding/throbbing heavily if you

FEELING is the key!

Raising energy for long enough to it, it will start strobing at soaring heights.. theres energy all around you all you have to do is feel like your grabbing it and bringing up to your root chakra with breath awareness, i did it for a hour and half to my root chakra with breath awareness

now its a lot more active to the point its soared, my root chakra use to be so inactive but now a lot more active all you gotta do is FEEL like your grabbing the energy that is the power of thought! before you do this i reccomend you get to grips with robert bruces m.b.a so you can use your awareness. i used his treatise though, CHECK IT OUT. Believe rob he speaks the truth i believe

You have to deal with things on their own level. The root chakra requires a very material approach toward changing it. No matter how much meditation you do, if you don't feel safe and secure in your environment it won't open up your base chakra by itself. It takes several approaches at once and the most effective is to actually change your life. Evaluate what is working so you can make it stronger. See what is not working so you can fix it. Then your base chakra will open up.

BigTings Guest
    everyone seems to be working with NEW but personally the TREATISE energy raising techniques ive had good success with but i persevered with them
    mastered some of mba very quickly in NEW though before

and also there is energy all around you its proven in physics objects are just energy and thats a fact

rob will understand what im saying if he was here
    trust me rob should back me up on this

BigTings Guest
    BRETT THE TECHNIQUES I TALK ABOUT ARE BACKED UP BY ROBERT BRUCE TOO..