Thread: Reiki and feet

Reiki and feet

Hi all you wonderful people

I am familiar with Usui Reiki system. In the linage I was taught there isn’t much pressure put on the feet and legs during the initiations. This caused a kind of unbalance since my hands could be considered "energetically stronger" than my feet and legs. So I had an idea to balance it and about a month or so ago I used the initiation techniques used for hands on my feet.
    The reaction was very strong. I felt very intense, almost painful burning sensation in my feet. The sensations lasted for several hours.
    Now the interesting thing When I am doing reiki now I can not only feel strong sensations in my hands but feel my feet very well. It feels like the circulation changed a bit.

Listening to my intuition makes me do strange experiments.

star Guest

Re: Reiki and feet

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentarius
    Hi all you wonderful people

I am familiar with Usui Reiki system. In the linage I was taught there isn’t much pressure put on the feet and legs during the initiations. This caused a kind of unbalance since my hands could be considered "energetically stronger" than my feet and legs. So I had an idea to balance it and about a month or so ago I used the initiation techniques used for hands on my feet.
    The reaction was very strong. I felt very intense, almost painful burning sensation in my feet. The sensations lasted for several hours.
    Now the interesting thing When I am doing reiki now I can not only feel strong sensations in my hands but feel my feet very well. It feels like the circulation changed a bit.

Listening to my intuition makes me do strange experiments.
    Sounds good. Maybe you can work on the feet of others to help out the circulation?

Soon after I learned how to give reiki attunements I started including the feet in the same way as the hands, by placing the symbols in them as though they were a second pair of hands. Not quite, actually. I place the symbols in the palm of the hands but I generally don't ask people to lift their feet so I can put the symbols in on the bottom of the feet. Some people have told me I'm being silly, but others think it is a good idea. At the third level, a fully attuned reiki teacher should be able to send reiki from any body part they choose, by directing the energy with their intent. It is often just a matter of breaking the habit of working only through the hands. For that matter, sending by focusing the sight on a point and intending the energy to flow is as good as touching. Even at the first level, it is common for massage practitioners and people who do shiatsu to use their elbows with the intent to heal and the reiki will often flow spontaneously through their elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Sounds good. Maybe you can work on the feet of others to help out the circulation?
    I could. But I do not do in person healing sessions nor am I in a reki group. I guess I am too lazy to actually prepare a website or to look for anybody around . There are many people who use reiki to help others. For me it was mostly a personal journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    At the third level, a fully attuned reiki teacher should be able to send reiki from any body part they choose, by directing the energy with their intent. It is often just a matter of breaking the habit of working only through the hands. For that matter, sending by focusing the sight on a point and intending the energy to flow is as good as touching.
    Sending reiki remotly doesent eaven require looking, just intent. When I send reiki remotly, in certain parts of the body I can sense strong energy movement. Mostly the crovn, chest, hands, the spine. It turns on automaticaly even if i just think about reiki. The feet and legs were almost never activates as strongly as other parts, that way I chose to work on them.
    I received the final attunment in early November so I still getting use to it.

Sending energy through sight is a traditional way for a teacher to give healing and initiation / attunement. Intent is enough. Sometimes a physical object is blessed to contain an attunement, and given to the student. It isn't about how you can do the work; it is about the needs of your student. Some students need a great deal of ritual in order to accept that something is being done for them. Some people just need to be told it is done.