Dear Robert
I hope you are well. I know that generally speaking killing is wrong but...is it always wrong or are there exceptions. I live in a area that has recently been infested with Racoons. They have attacked humans and severely hurt domestic animals, mainly cats. I have borrowed a bb gun and so far killed 8. I do not particularily enjoy doing it but cannot deny a certain rush of "the Hunt". I have hunted big game in the past and always "dutiful" eaten what I killed, but still the "joy" of the hunt was and is there. Is that wrong? If it is then what about fishing something I also enjoy a lot. I live on a sailboat and subsist of the sea, but sometimes just fish for fun...inflicting pain and suffering you might say to pass time. I seem to remember you did a lot of spearfishing as well.

I lived many years in India and understand the reincarnation, (Jain style), theory, but it seems flawed. Is there in your opinion a time to kill like the wise Solomon said.

I do believe that something changes inside a person when they kill another human being, do you think the same is the case with animals, just in smaller increments.

Regards Mustardseed