Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Hallo to you.
    This is something exciting for me as, for the first time, I am posting one of my OBEs here at AD. I look forward to any feedback - comments, questions and/or suggestions - from any members. The OBE occured last week and is titled

"City Flight"
    (OBE #8
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009
    It began when I woke up already out of body and outside the house. The location was vaguely familiar - an ethereal counterpart of this area. It was not the Real Time Zone (RTZ), however, as there were definate and obvious differences in the layout of the neighborhood including most of the buildings.
    This OBE was all about flight. I immediately felt a strong desire to get airborne. After a couple of tries I managed to float up off a sidewalk into the air. There then followed a very long flight, mostly over streets and between buildings.. I soon realized that power lines were a possible obstruction to flight and so flew up higher, going up to about 200 feet.
    In addition to the differences in the layout of the various buildings in the area it was also bright daylight when it was actually between 2AM and 4AM. Many people were out on the streets. A few could even be seen flying about. I now assume that nearly all of those people were discarnate, either OOB or dreaming.
    I headed north toward the river, having a vague uneasy feeling that someone was following and that I had to get out of the city. Obstacles to flight began to materialize in midair - overhanging roofs up where no structures should have been. All of these constructs were only mental obstacles yet they still greatly hindered flying. Eventually I was forced to land of the roof of an apartment building. Then I was nearly trapped inside the building in a woman's apartment. After I got outside again by going through an open window the OBE unexpectedly ended and directly became a fantastic epic dream.
    OBE #88 Notes. Time was between 2 AM and 4 AM. Duration was 20 to 30 minutes (followed by the dream which lasted over an hour). Unsure which side I lay on.
    Locale I-BST, a familiar location. There were unfamiliar persons about, mostly discarnates (with perhaps 1 or 2 physical people as well(?)). Deliberate (passive), Affirmations (before sleep), Emotional, Floated, Flight, Energy (pranayama), Barriers, Meditation, OBE ended in a Dream, Travel-teleport.

btw the dream following this OBE was also kinda special so I decided to post that in the main Dream forum.
    Thanx for reading.
    Regards
    Grey

Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Happy New Year
    IDK what 2010 holds in store but 2009 ended well for me because a couple days ago I had an OBE (only the 2 in nearly 4 months). Anyway here it is, It's short and sweet, easy reading. Post comments or questions if you want, I'd like to see them.

"Portal To A Dark Land"
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 (OBE #89)
    The OBE was preceded by a dream. In the dream I had fallen asleep in an unfamiliar bedroom apartment. I woke up to see a large black and white frosted glass window in that bedroom. It appeared very strange, most unusual. I got up and went over to investigate it. I stood in front of this window for a short minute and then realized that it was a portal to another dimension. Suddenly, on an inspired impulse, I jumped through the frosted glass window.
    OBE (#89) Suddenly I was out of body flying hundreds of feet above a strange land. The terrain was mostly steep hills and gullies with no trees and little (if any) vegetation. It was a dark cloudy night and the land below looked a dull colorless black and white and grey.
    Quickly my elation turned to quick concern.Though flying is a joy I suddenly did not now feel safe and could sense, though could not see, strong presences somewhere nearby. I twisted about in the air looking for signs of life. Something ethereal seemed to dart about in nearby wispy clouds. Suddenly the OBE was over as abruptly as it had begun. I was back in waking consciousness in my room in the physical.
    Notes -- Time was almost exactly 7:00 AM. Duration of this OBE was quite short - it lasted one minute or less. I believe the dream was actually in my bedroom. The frosted glass window was my perception of the only window in the room. When I went through that window then the OBE began but not directly outside above the street but in some far distant location. OBE #89 No familiar location(s). Locale I and or a BST. Unfamiliar being(s) were Discarnate flying creature(s). Dream Into OBE, Deliberate, Portal, Flight, Emotional, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before), Short (less than 2 minutes).

Regards
    Grey

Blog Entries

Re: OBE "Portal To A Dark Land"

Sounds like an Astral Projection (not sure why I capitalized it, but there you go.)
    Happy New Year, btw.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hi CFTraveler Thanx for the reply and a Happy New Year to you also!

You mentioned that the OBE was probably an astral projection (AP) and that has me curious about what you consider to be an AP, as opposed to an ethereal (etheric) projection (EP)? Do you consider a real time zone (RTZ) projection to be an EP?
    And therefore an OBE to a non-physical location to be an AP?? (That is my understanding of the correct use/definition of AP and EP.) I realize that different people use those two terms in different ways and therefore the meanings become confusing and can entirely depend on the individual user.

Regards
    Grey

omg, I'm never gonna get these terms down, h a h a . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greytraveller
    Hi CFTraveler Thanx for the reply and a Happy New Year to you also!

You mentioned that the OBE was probably an astral projection (AP) and that has me curious about what you consider to be an AP, as opposed to an ethereal (etheric) projection (EP)? Do you consider a real time zone (RTZ) projection to be an EP?
    Yessir.
    And therefore an OBE to a non-physical location to be an AP?? (That is my understanding of the correct use/definition of AP and EP.)
    Also correct, IMO.

I realize that different people use those two terms in different ways and therefore the meanings become confusing and can entirely depend on the individual user.

Regards
    Grey
    Yep. Some people call the etheric projection to be different than the RTZ (by a matter of degrees), a sort of 'in between' the RTZ and the physical.
    I just see anything that can be nonphysical (or a vastly changed version of the RTZ) as an astral projection, and a 'true to life' RTZ the same as an etheric projection.

Quote Originally Posted by omcasey
    omg, I'm never gonna get these terms down, h a h a . .
    Hee hee, I had the same reaction when I was trying to figure out where I was going. Wait 'til you learn about focus levels.... it's like math but worse.

Hope your year is starting out good.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hallo CFTraveler
    On occasion I have felt the necessity to engage in verbal sparring over the meaning of terms like astral projection, ethereal, etheric, mental projection, etal. So it's good that we agree on the meaning of those terms. I try not to adhere too closely to the English language because, in the final reckoning, an OBE is an event that transcends common language. Yet even a partial and inadequate description of such an event is far better than none at all.
    About the new year. Oh, yes indeed, 2010 seems to be starting quite well. Thank you. Last night I had another OBE ! I will post that here at AD in a day or so.

Regards
    Grey

OBE "High Energy Flight"

Hallo to all here at AD
    The new years season has been good to me -astrally speaking. Just yesterday I went out of body again for the second time in a week! Whoooot!
    In this OBE you may notice some similarities to the last, especially in going OOB from a dream and the flight. The important difference in this OBE was my ability to control strong emotions and focus that energy towards an obtainable goal.

Out Of Body Experience "High Energy Flight" (# 90)
    Sunday, January 3, 2010
    Similar to the OBE that occured 5 days ago (OBE #89 December 29, 2009) this OBE began with a dream.
    Dream It began in a small house in a country area of Massachusetts. I stayed there with BR and MK (college friends from years ago). Nothing much of interest happened until I took a walk through nearby open rolling fields. I expressed a desire to fly and became lucid. A significant shift in consciousness took place and an OBE began.
    OBE # 90 It was a sunny warm summer day. Now of course it is a cold January in the physical world so therefore the location was not a Real Time Zone and must have been a non-physical Belief System Territory. I was excited to have the chance to fly. This emotional energy was both an advantage and a disadvantage. The advantage was that this excitement provided enough extra emotional energy to allow me to float up off the ground and slowly fly over the field out of body. There was an intense focus and intention on flying. I was able to stay airborne for at least 5 to 10 minutes. (I sort of lost the sense of time here. Best guess is about 7 - 8 minutes.) However there was a limitation - I could only fly at walking/running speed and could not ascend higher than about 20 feet.
    The disadvantage of my emotional state was that it acted as a barrier and prevented me from extending the OBE or from performing any activity other than flying. I was totally concentrated on flying and that was all. Nothing else was really possible. So when the flight ended as I slowly floated down to land on the grassy field that short burst of extra emotional energy was expended. Now my mental focus was gone and the OBE was over.
    Dream The excitement had basically ended and I returned back into the dream state.
    Notes. Time of this OBE was 9:45 to 10:30 AM. I had fortunately decided to sleep in and try to induce an OBE and/or LD. Duration of the OBE was 6 to 10 minutes. The dream (before and after the projection) lasted 45 minutes or more. I lay on my right side. OBE #90. No familiar location. The only Familiar people were dream characters in the dream. There were Unfamiliar Persons - Discarnate people and animals in the fields. Dream Into OBE, Deliberate, Emotional, Flight, Travel-teleport, Meditaion (before the OBE), Energy-pranayama (before the OBE) and OBE Ended Into Dream.

Thanx for reading. If you have a question and/or comment I would like to see it.
    Regards
    Grey

OBE "College Town BST"

Hi there. This is my latest OBE adventure (or misadventure). It took place a few days ago in a non physical (astral) college campus.

"College Town BST"
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 (OBE # 91)
    As with other recent OBEs this began with a dream. In the dream I was about to take a shower. I turned on the water and got undressed. Suddenly the room was completely empty - no shower stall, no sink, nothing. Just a totally empty room with bare white walls.. I became lucid.
    OBE. I opened up the window and looked out to observe a sprawling modern city. It appeared to be the campus of a major university. I flew out of the window and mentally dressed myself. The location was obviously a Belief System Territory (BST (non-physical)). Large 3, 4 and 5 story brick buildings were spaced well apart. A few wide streets could be seen although very few vehicles were visible. Most of the immediate area was connected by narrow concrete paths the ran between low hilly grassy fields. There were not many large trees to be seen yet there was alot of smaller vegetation everywhere.
    People were walking about in warm daylight. These were discarnate people, probably a mixture of OBEers, dreamers and physically deceased persons. Though these people could see me hardly any of them paid me more than a quick glance as my flying did not attract much attention. Perhaps these people were too busy hurrying to a class or to their place of work? I flew around for about 5 minutes trying to find street signs but there were none to be seen. (Has anyone ever seen a street sign or an address number in the RTZ? Or in a BST??)
    Finally I got bored so decided to swoop down, land and pick up a hot college age girl. Here the OBE faded into a dream.
    Notes. Time was about 9:45 to 10:15 AM. The OBE lasted from 5 to 15 minutes. The dream (before and after the OBE) lasted another 10 to 20 minutes. I lay on my right side. OBE #91 The location was a BST which was Not familiar. There were no familiar persons there. There were unfamiliar discarnate persons there (most were about college age or slightly older). Dream>>Into>>OBE, Deliberate, Flight, Emotional, Travel-teleport, OBE>>Into>>Dream, Meditation (hours before), Energy-pranayama (hours before).

Thanx for reading.
    Regards
    Grey

Re: Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Out Of Body Experience "Sorceress"
    February 1, 2010 (OBE # 92)
    There were no preliminary exit sensations. Not did this begin as a dream. It started in a Belief System Territory (BST). It was a large modern university, but with a very important twist. Magick was a significant, integral part of this place. It was not like "Hogwarts" of the "Harry Potter" books and films. It was very much like MIT or Cal Tech where magick was both part of the curriculum and a field of extensive research.
    Another man and I had entered inside a huge academic building to confront a powerful woman - a sorceress. This woman had obtained an ancient magickal ring for research purposes. She had then secretly and illegally crafted a copy of the ring. My friend and I learned about this and had then somehow obtained (stolen?) the second ring. We were there to denounce her.
    The encounter did not go well for us, however. The woman was much more powerful than we had anticipated. She nearly managed to get the illicit ring back by deceit (hypnosis??). I was then forced to destroy that ring right in front of her. This made her extremely angry. When several of her male assistants came forward to confront us it was time to leave. After flying up to near the top of the high domed ceiling my associate and I flew out of the vast room and then made our way outside the building.
    Following this we flew to his large affluent apartment a short distance away. There we had a heated discussion. My friend had lost his nerve and wanted no more confrontations with the sorceress. He was a professor at the university. So perhaps he was concerned about losing his professorship and the prestige and affluence that went with it. I was highly disappointed with him and left. I somehow realized that there was danger ahead and so felt that it was either necessary to take dramatic (and dangerous) action or else to find a new ally.
    For a short time I took a flight over the nearby urban area. Two men soon approached me. One man was somewhere in his mid thirties, the other man was older by about 20 years. They both offered me their assistance in opposing the malevolent sorceress.
    First we celebrated the earlier success of destroying the elicit ring by playing an airborne game. It was part flying football and part aerial tag. Sometime during this game we were ambushed in midair by several men. A sprawling midair melee ensued. Out attackers (about 4 or 5 in number) were finally driven of after a hectic 10 minute aerial brawl. A short time later OBE abruptly ended.
    Notes. The time was anywhere between 2 AM and 6 AM, This was a very long OBE, lasting more than an hour. I lay on my right side. OBE # 92 Locale was an unfamiliar BST.There were many discarnate people there. Deliberate, Travel-teleport, Flight, Floated, Fight, Emotional, Pain, Magick, Energy-pranayama (hours before), Meditation (hours before), Affirmations (hours before), Dying OOB.