Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Blog Entries

Re: Greytraveller's OBE Journal

Hello, greytraveller.

The way you analyse your dream while having it and also the lucidity indicate that the 6th chakra is active. The 6th chakra plays a big role in integrating the abilities of an energy body and being capable of logical analysis. It's usually also the stepping stone into lucidity. (All according to Kurt.)

Being aware that you were in a "multi-story building" was probably inner sense awareness of your location regarding to the wider astral plane. You know you were at a certain level, and it indicated it might have been possible to switch between subplanes in this experience.

If this was really an astral plane dream, you were at no time "close to your physical body." You kind of tricked yourself here into believing you have to exit when you're already "out" and being drawn in by what was not your physical body to begin with. I think the rule only applies to etheric body RTZ OBEs within your bedroom. I also think that at the time you being to dream lucidly etheric OBEs recede a lot, at least for some people. They're not "gone," there might just be less of them.

Identifying that a dream character is just an expression of elemental essence and has no independent existence outside the dream environment you're in is a function of the 4th chakra, possibly here combined and coordinated with the 6th. A feeling (a notion of "this is a dream character") combined with analysis thereof.

To expand lucidity you could try challenging dream characters. Instead of telling them something, ask them something. Ask the surrounding dream. Put a question to the room. This might all expand a lucid dream either into an astral plane OBE or yield very interesting answers.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Korpo
    Interesting reply and thanx for the feedback.

The 6th chakra is the middle eye chakra called Ajna, yes? That chakra regulates mental functions and awareness (and also ties into what CFT posted about a mental projection).
    The 4th chakra is the heart "Anahata" chakra, right?

Your quote
    You kind of tricked yourself here into believing you have to exit when you're already "out" and being drawn in by what was not your physical body to begin with.
    Yes, I totally agree with that. I would like to reword
    tricked yourself here into believing
    into the term 'misperceived' or 'had faulty astral awareness.' You are correct in that I was 'already "out" ' but I was unable to discern the difference between the astral environment and dream imagery.
    I like your idea of challenging dream characters, or any unfamiliar person/being in an OBE. That would be an excellant habit to acquire in future OBEs.

btw I had Another OBE 2 nights ago and will post that here shortly.

Regards
    Grey

Blog Entries

1st - base
    2nd - genital/navel
    3rd - spleen/solarplexus
    4th - heart
    5th - throat
    6th - third eye/brow
    7th - crown

Cheers,
    Oliver

Greetings all
    I'm happy to report another OBE, it happened a few days ago and have just gotten around to posting it. This one is titled --
    "Short Flight"
    Thursday November 11, 2010 (OBE # 9
    This OBE was not preceded by a dream. It was late morning and I was in a deep hypnagogic state. Though there were no vibrations there was mild sleep paralysis. I had a sense that this was the right condition to deliberately go out of body and so made the effort to separate. Yet it was not easy and took about 5 minutes to fully get OOB. I was concerned about moving physically or opening my eyes and fortunately neither happened.
    Totally blind I rose up about 2 feet above my physical body. Without a plan of action or a specific goal in mind (forgot about Astral Pulse Island yet again! I need to do something about that) I decided to try to get outside by going through a window. Without vision I had to find my way by touch alone (forgot to use the "Clarity Now" affirmation, doh!). After a minute or so of groping about I reached the window.
    Getting outside through the window was surprisingly easy. I floated/flew about 30 feet above the yard lying horizontally. Gradually sight came, first I could see the yard, then the street and a nearby tree. I thought about what to do next and decided to visit CK (had not seen her since high school). This would take me to Stanton Heights, another neighborhood about a mile away. I made a flight of only one block and there an apartment building blocked my way. Unable to go over this building I tried to go around it. Yet the OBE suddenly ended and I found myself reintegrated back into the physical.
    Notes. Time was about 9:00 AM. Duration was 10 to 15 minutes. I lay on my right side. Location was a familiar physical Locale I. Deliberate, Confused (due to initial lack of sight), Flight, Floated, Sleep Paralysis, Meditation (before), Affirmations (before), Pranayama (before). After reintegration I was pleased at being able to deliberately go out of body yet was very unsatisfied with the quality and duration of the OBE.

Thanx for reading and regards. Grey

Hallo to all
    Another OBE here. This one was from December (the first of two actually, the second will be posted here in a couple days. This is Titled

"Deluge"
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 (OBE # 99)
    The first memory of this OBE was as I floated through a crowded hospital. There were many nurses standing about in conversation with one another. After about 5 minutes of floating above hallways I asked a nurse how to get out of the hospital. She directed me to a long corridor that led to a large warehouse-type retail store that was part of the same building.
    Soon I was outside. Allyssa, in purple alien form, was with me inside a small backpack. Suddenly it began to pour down rain. I waited out the short violent storm under shelter. However, after the storm ended when walking across a large lawn I came across puddles that were up to 3 feet deep. Here I became bogged down in murky dirty water and felt extremely nauseous. Fortunately I was able to get to a dry sidewalk before becoming very ill.
    A few minutes later I reached a vehicle and then drove along a residential street for 15 to 20 minutes. The street ended in a gravel road where a large crowd was gathering to watch a golf tournament. So I turned the car around and drove away. This OBE continued for another 10 to 15 minutes. What happened during that time is nearly forgotten.
    Notes. Time was between 5:00 to 6:00 AM. Duration was between 30 to 75 minutes.
    The location was a Belief System Territory (BST, either astral or ethereal). A familiar being was there --Allyssa the elemental. There where also many different discarnate people. Deliberate, Emotional, Floated, Pain, Dream>>into>>OBE, Teleport, Confused, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Second note. Allyssa the elemental has appeared during several OBEs and dreams. I suspect that she is a true elemental ( a being apart from my own consciousness ) though she could perhaps be a self created thought elemental. In any event I treat her as a separate individual.
    Regards
    Grey

Greetings.
    Here I'm finally getting around to posting my latest OBE (which happened back in late December). This astral excursion is somewhat out of the ordinary, however, and is well worth the read. The title is

"Magickal History Book"
    Sunday, December 26, 2010 (OBE # 100)
    This began already out of body as I viewed a magickal history book. This book opened up to pages of continuous film of 'history'. 'History' is in quotation marks because I believe that most of what was shown was an alternate history in a parallel or alternate universe.
    Most of what was shown was early World War 2 in North Africa. Italian infantry, armor and trucks moved across flat desert-like areas.This may have been Libya or Egypt or, more likely Ethiopia or Somalia (where some historical combat did occur during 1939 and 1940). However, none of the tanks looked familiar.
    There were also many scenes of civilians travelling on foot, sometimes with Italian soldiers. There were also other scenes of 'history' that looked to be during World War 2 but the exact date and location were undetermined.
    At times small graphic texts in the book would appear to identify various Italian tanks or vehicles. Other people viewed this book with me. I made a comment about this to a man saying that none of the tanks or vehicles looked familiar.
    After watching historical imagery for 10 to 12 minutes (it may have been longer because the book was fascinating so more time may have passed) a new 'historical' event was shown. A group of (Italian?) women had gathered to demand that a North African man be turned over to them to be punished for (sex?) crimes. The images were somewhat disjointed but the people and events were very clear. Eventually somebody inside a house turned the man over to the women and this story ended.
    Suddenly, however, I was actually at that location and not just viewing it in the book. It was a small town somewhere in North Africa (or maybe in Italy). I believe this was most likely either a Belief System Territory or a parallel universe. Anyway I was on a small street or alley near a long wall. The man who had also been viewing the book was with me. I scanned the area from a door in the wall and then walked farther along the street/alley about 30 feet to a small house. Here the OBE abruptly ended without warning and I was back in my physical body.
    Notes. Time was 5:15 to 6:00 AM. Duration of the OBE was 20 to 40 minutes, maybe longer. I lay on my right side. Location was either a Belief System Territory (BST) or an alternate universe. There were many people there (either discarnate if in a BST or physical if in an alternate Universe (I*)).Deliberate, Emotional, Teleport, Portal, Book, Time change, Pranayama (before), Meditation (before), Affirmations (before).

Thanx for reading. I've never experienced anything quite like this before when out of body. If something similar has happened to you when OOB I'd really like to hear/read about it!

Regards
    Grey

Hallo allo all

I am again pleased to post my latest OBE here. Lately I have been fortunate to have had above average experiences OOB. Although the OBE was not overly dramatic (except for the part where I was chased!) this out of body adventure was eventful and interesting. Here it is with the title of ---

"Flight To New Orleans"
    Monday January 31, 2011 (OBE # 101)
    This began a few miles outside New Orleans. I had already separated and teleported to a place that was either an unfamiliar physical location or a BST (probably the former). So I am out of body in a quiet country area near a two lane road. It's a warm day and nobody is around. It's time for me to start heading off somewhere. I sensed a major city was nearby but was unsure how close it was (and it could have been two hours or more walking distance away).
    Fortunately I immediately realized that flying would be much faster and safer. So I took to the air and the flying skills were good. It was an uneventful flight, most of it anyway. About 10 minutes later I began to see a few people, some vehicles and an occasional animal. These may have been physical beings or they may have been discarnates. Very few people took any notice of me.
    It was actually a very long flight which lasted over half an hour, maybe 40 to 50 minutes. Towards the end of the flight when I neared the outskirts of the city a few people could be seen flying about. Here I had trouble maintaining height and speed and dropped down from over 100 feet to as low as 10 feet.
    Near New Orleans more and more people were about. A few people tried to either fly up or jump up and catch me!?! Only two or three people were able to fly. About 10 or so other people tried to jump up and pull me down. Fortunately I rather easily eluded all their hostile efforts.
    Of greater concern, however, was a series of (near) violent encounters with hostile animals. Most of these were dogs and a few were various African herd animals including water buffalo (?) (so maybe this was a BST and not physical New Orleans). Since the closer I got to the city the harder it became to fly it was extremely difficult to stay high enough to avoid these animals. A few of the dogs managed to jump up an insane distance (20 feet or more) and nearly bit me. Finally I reached the New Orleans city limits after covering the final few hundred yards over what looked to be an abandoned building in a very large industrial yard. Going just high enough to elude the last dog I reached New Orleans proper and headed towards a main street.
    Now my energy must have been quite low. The flight was over as I landed outside a small restaurant. Going inside this burger joint I waited behind a customer who was ordering to a cook. Two more customers waited for their food in another room. One of these men made a disparaging joke about the restaurant's food yet I ordered two hamburgers anyway. The cook asked if I wanted cheese and I did. The sense of smell was quite good here as the grilled burgers had a very appetizing aroma. Before I could eat the OBE ended and I was back in my physical body (in Pittsburgh).
    Notes The time was between 6:30 and 7:45 AM. Duration of the OBE was at least 40 to 50 minutes, probably longer. I lay on my right side. The location was an unfamiliar physical area or a BST (in and near New Orleans). There were many unfamiliar people and animals (most probably were discarnate). Deliberate (passive), Acute sense of smell, Emotional, Flight, Teleport, Meditation (before), Pranayama (before), Affirmations (before) and also practiced rope cargo net before sleep.

Thanx for reading. If you have a comment, question or suggestion then I would like to see it.
    Regards
    Grey

Hey Grey,

Its astounishing long period of oobe and also that you remembered all of it; the flight to new orleans. How long have you been practicing oobe?

Regards,
    Manish
    I cry.. when angles deserve to die..

Hallo Manish Gof
    Thanx for your reply.
    Yes, this was a very long time being out of body, for me it was anyway. I was able to remember much of what happened but did forget a few things.
    I had many OBEs as a child and pre-teenager. But I did not know what they were and so I thought that they were only 'special' dreams. About 15 years ago I found out about OBEs and astral projection. This has been so fascinating that I have been practicing it ever since then.

Regards
    Grey

Hallo All
    Recently I have been fortunate in having several OBEs in only the past 2 weeks. That's a lot for me (who only averages about 1 a month or so ). This is the first in that series. It's titled --

"Road To Hell"
    Friday, March 18, 2011 (OBE # 102)
    I came to astral awareness while driving along a desolate road along with my girlfriend (Barbara?). This was out in the middle of a barren land of steep hills and few trees. We were completely lost. We did have a map of the local area but had not been able to locate any landmarks.
    At one point the road went down to the bottom of a steep canyon. The landscape appeared to be the same in all directions. This was depressing as it seemed unlikely that we would be able to find a way out. We kept going and about a mile away near a hill top there was a fork in the road. It was a relief to see 2 prominent locations that were both depicted on the map.
    One landmark was a satanist church and compound which was only a few hundred yards away. A sign pointed to the other landmark - a magickal castle or estate that was about a mile distant. We decided to go to the magickal castle/estate. However, I took a right turn at the intersection instead of going left. The right turn took us into the back entrance of the satanist compound.
    This did not much concern me and I stopped at the first building in sight, a small one floor ranch-type house. We got out of the car and went inside. Nobody was there. Nobody was visible anyway.
    After a few minutes invisible spirits slowly materialized floating in midair. These spirits were, surprisingly, neither evil nor malevolent. They simply looked at us and I soon made a type of telepathic contact with them. They affirmed that the house was indeed part of the satanist compound. The church members were all human as fortunately there were no demons or hostile creatures nearby.
    We decided to wait for a doctor or professor to arrive. This was a bit confusing as I was unsure if this person was familiar to my girlfriend or if he was a member of the satanist church. (Maybe he was a doctor of theology = reverend?) Anyway the better part of an hour passed uneventfully. It began to get dark outside. We decided to wait one more hour before leaving. At this point the projection simply ended.
    Notes. Time was between 10:00 and 11:30 AM. The duration was at least 60 minutes, most probably longer. OBE # 102 the location was a BST. There was a familiar discarnate - my girlfriend. There were several unfamiliar discarnate spirits. Confusion (as to the location), Deliberate (passive), Emotional, Magick, Teleportation, Time change (+). Meditation (before), Paranayama (before), Affirmations (before), (and maybe a dream turning into an OBE.) Also practiced rope cargo net before sleep.
    Note 2. The beginning of the experience might have been a dream, I'm not sure. Lucidity and consciousness in general were weak throughout. My outlook was mostly 'go with the flow' to see where the experience was headed. So I was reluctant to try to exert much conscious control as this might have abruptly ended the projection.

Thanx for reading. If you any questions or comments I'd like to see them.
    Grey

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast