Thread: Preparing for a trip down a river....

Preparing for a trip down a river....

this is a bit vague, there are many details i don't remember now...

i was on some sort of "school"trip, there were a number of individuals there by the river bank.
    we were getting ready to go into the river. we were each given a bunch of apparatus, wet suits, footwear, an inflatable dinghy, goggles etc..
    there were a couple of motorised propulsion units. one-man, sub-aquatic things, with propellors, like in old James Bond movies, know what i mean?
    we were told they were for the boys only, but it turned out to be unimportant, as i took too long getting ready, so missed out on the chance to use one.

i experienced a bit of confusion, was unsure how much of my own clothes i was to wear with this new "suit".
    at first i was wearing it only up to my waist, with my own t-shirt and hoodie on top.
    i also had my underwear on underneath.
    then i realized i had to take my t-shirt and hoodie off, and my underwear as well.
    it seemed important that i wear only this wetsuit.

someone was inspecting our equipment.
    he told me i wouldn't be able to use the inflatable dinghy. some rope or other attachment was missing from one end.

i found a bag, which looked like it was made of waterproof material. i put my dry clothing in it and sealed it tight.
    i put it in the dinghy, and found that the strap on the bag was supposed to attach to the boat, but there was no corresponding strap to attach to, this was what was missing... but i found a piece of rope and tied the bag to the boat at another point anyway.

i threw the boat into the water, and jumped into the warm pool beside it to splash around a bit before actually using the boat to go downriver.
    when i was ready to climb in and go downriver, i woke up.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: Preparing for a trip down a river....

What I am getting from this:

There is a message in you trying to mix your regular clothes which you are used to with the wetsuit you are not used to. You are trying to figure out how much of your old clothes you can take into this new situation, and after some fiddling around, you realise - none. Clothes can be outer appearance, which can also mean the outer layers of personality - so this could be about a process of self-evaluation - what still "suits you" in your new environment and what not. (Looks like you are going to reinvent yourself.)

Wetsuit - sometimes you have to get wet. You are about to submerge yourself in a new reality, in a new flow (represented by the river). This represents how you change to adapt to the new reality you're confronted with.

Keeping your old clothes in the bag could mean that you do not lose your old personality in this new environment, and while you are dealing with the reality around you with new responses, you have your old personality with you still when you need it.

Your equipment is not optimal or up to spec, but you know how to make do with what you've got. Sometimes it requires being creative.

You're finishing your preparations - the dream ends with that message.

Oliver

Re: Preparing for a trip down a river....

hey Oliver, yep, that's exactly what i got from this one.
    and it couldn't be truer. i am indeed just days away from moving and reinventing myself...
    time to get in the flow...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.