Thread: Help on energy flow

Help on energy flow

Hello to all! This is my first post here. I've been working with Robert's energy work techniques for about 3-4 months by now and, although I've gotten some nice results, some questions emerged. Here is my story:

Since I was a kid (About 10 years old, I'm 21 now) I was able to trigger a sort of tingling sensation up and down my spine at will (sort of goosebumps). I never gave it much attention (I was a kid with no family background on energy manipulation) and ended up forgetting about it.

About a year ago I began reading about OBEs and all that sorrounds it. Eventually, I stumbled upon energy works and those tingling experiences as a kid came to mind. Initially, my efforts were focused on increasing those sensations. Nowadays, I have much greater control over those sensations and they can get quite intense and spread throughout my body (I can control their intensity). Also, I have been doing Robert's awareness point exercises and I do get some results, but they differ from my experiences with the goosebumps.

The two are different kinds of feelings. Robert's are just as described on his book (pulsing, tingling, vibrating). "Mine" are more of a generalized sort of goosebump, my body hair goes erect all over my body, I feel some "ballooning", I feel some pressure on my crown and frontal chacras (I mean in their locations, I don't know if it's acutally them). I can feel energy run all over my body (If that's what running energy feels like).

I've been doing, also, some energy healing exercises (with some success on head and back aches) and I can feel energy in the form of a field in both my hands (kind of like opposing magnets), and its definitely got something to do with my way of running the energy. Roberts' way never gives me this sensation. I try to direct it to my hands, rub them together and then the field gets stronger (I get that "opposing magnets" feel even when my hands are 30cm apart, so there is definitely something going on).

When I run energy using that goosebump technique, although I can feel it throughout my body, it is much more intense on my limbs (specially my forearms and thighs). I can feel it acting on my head (crown/frontal chacras?), but in no other specific main-chacra-related region. I've tried imagining some colours to see if I could get a response from other chacras, but there was none. It has definitely got someting to do with my breathing, it gets a tremendous boost during my inspirations (in opposition to ALL energy healing books that say you feel the energy on the out-breaths, which just makes me more confused).

My main concern is whether I'm doing it right or wrong and what I should do next. The sensations are pleasant, but can only achieve them with my eyes closed and kind of staring at my nose** (I had been doing that instinctively, but after reading about the nose thing on a qi-gong ebook -real chinese stuff, not the regular web literature- I gave it more importance). It is much harder to get the goosebumps with eyes open, I only get significant results while listening to some nice classical or jazz music (it's related to inpiration/beauty/a more general kind of love).

Do you guys think I'm in the right path to exercising energy? What's to do next?

Thank you all in advance, the community is great! I've been a listener here for a long while

**That staring-at-the-nose thing is really annoying when trying to project, it gets me quite tense and I can't relax, so I don't believe that's the best way to go. I do it because it's the only way I get satisfying results.

Horacio.
    I am more than my physical body

Blog Entries

Re: Help on energy flow

Quote Originally Posted by horaciocs
    Hello to all! This is my first post here. I've been working with Robert's energy work techniques for about 3-4 months by now and, although I've gotten some nice results, some questions emerged.
    Hola Horacio.

Here is my story:

Since I was a kid (About 10 years old, I'm 21 now) I was able to trigger a sort of tingling sensation up and down my spine at will (sort of goosebumps). I never gave it much attention (I was a kid with no family background on energy manipulation) and ended up forgetting about it.
    I have also, I always called it 'the energy rush'. No one else in my family got it, so I just accepted it when it happened, and didn't think twice about it.

About a year ago I began reading about OBEs and all that sorrounds it. Eventually, I stumbled upon energy works and those tingling experiences as a kid came to mind. Initially, my efforts were focused on increasing those sensations. Nowadays, I have much greater control over those sensations and they can get quite intense and spread throughout my body (I can control their intensity). Also, I have been doing Robert's awareness point exercises and I do get some results, but they differ from my experiences with the goosebumps.
    I learned to control the rush and make it go up or down using Robert's techniques (awareness techniques, not the more intense prestimulation techniques.)
    The two are different kinds of feelings. Robert's are just as described on his book (pulsing, tingling, vibrating). "Mine" are more of a generalized sort of goosebump, my body hair goes erect all over my body, I feel some "ballooning", I feel some pressure on my crown and frontal chacras (I mean in their locations, I don't know if it's acutally them). I can feel energy run all over my body (If that's what running energy feels like).
    It all sounds right.

I've been doing, also, some energy healing exercises (with some success on head and back aches) and I can feel energy in the form of a field in both my hands (kind of like opposing magnets), and its definitely got something to do with my way of running the energy. Roberts' way never gives me this sensation. I try to direct it to my hands, rub them together and then the field gets stronger (I get that "opposing magnets" feel even when my hands are 30cm apart, so there is definitely something going on).
    I'm not sure I understand the distinction. When Robert uses energy balls he does the exact same thing (including the rubbing, which I don't do, btw). So I'm not sure which of Robert's specific techniques you are comparing this with.

When I run energy using that goosebump technique, although I can feel it throughout my body, it is much more intense on my limbs (specially my forearms and thighs). I can feel it acting on my head (crown/frontal chacras?), but in no other specific main-chacra-related region. I've tried imagining some colours to see if I could get a response from other chacras, but there was none.
    I can give you a guess why this is (and it is only a guess here)- but the energy rush- goosebumpy feeling is a physical rush, (I know this because when I get it my husband can feel the vibration coming from my skin), and it happens in the tertiary centers. You are trying to feel them on the level of primary centers, and it's just not there.

It has definitely got someting to do with my breathing, it gets a tremendous boost during my inspirations (in opposition to ALL energy healing books that say you feel the energy on the out-breaths, which just makes me more confused).
    I think it depends on what you are doing- NEW doesn't use breathing to direct energy, but energy raising is easier if you do it in time with your breathing, and I personally feel it more on the inhale also.

My main concern is whether I'm doing it right or wrong and what I should do next.
    Well, not knowing exactly what you've done, I can't tell you what to do next, or even what is right for you. Only you will be able to do that, but I can give suggestions.

The sensations are pleasant, but can only achieve them with my eyes closed and kind of staring at my nose** (I had been doing that instinctively, but after reading about the nose thing on a qi-gong ebook -real chinese stuff, not the regular web literature- I gave it more importance). It is much harder to get the goosebumps with eyes open, I only get significant results while listening to some nice classical or jazz music (it's related to inpiration/beauty/a more general kind of love).
    I can't speak for the goosebumps (I only get them when I think of certain things, and I've never endeavored to control them that much) but NEW works better if done with closed eyes, to avoid looking at whatever part you are working on. As to the looking-at-your-nose thing, I have no comment- I only doing while I meditate (focus on a point in front of my face, not my nose specifically) because it works for me when I want to empty my mind. Why do it while moving energy is beyond my understanding.

Thank you all in advance, the community is great! I've been a listener here for a long while
    Thanks, I agree everyone's great.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure I understand the distinction. When Robert uses energy balls he does the exact same thing (including the rubbing, which I don't do, btw). So I'm not sure which of Robert's specific techniques you are comparing this with.
    I mean the tactile awareness ones, they don't seem to cause such a sensation on me. (It might be because I haven't practiced them enough, I'm looking into it right now)

I can give you a guess why this is (and it is only a guess here)- but the energy rush- goosebumpy feeling is a physical rush, (I know this because when I get it my husband can feel the vibration coming from my skin), and it happens in the tertiary centers. You are trying to feel them on the level of primary centers, and it's just not there.
    That could really be it, I'm stimulating the tertiary centers expecting primary ones to respond. They might even make a twitch or two, but it seems to be a stretch to have them activate while working the tertiaries. Hadn't thought of that.

It seems to me that the best way to go is to follow Roberts' NEW step-by-step and in a throughout manner. I admit a was a bit lazy when I first read it, but now I see its value: correct exercises, in the correct order. Seems fool-proof

Thanks for the help! Other's input is also welcome!

**Got caught-up reading NEW during this posting, the forum logged me off and I nearly lost all I had written!
    I am more than my physical body

Blog Entries

That used to happen to me when my Vista was new. I'm not sure why, but it stopped happening on it's own.
    Of course, I no longer use IE, so it may have something to do with it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.