Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How can dreams Create memories??

Kalonek, how do you know that these aren't past lives you are remembering in your dreams?

Does anybody ever have this experience...you are in conversation with someone and mention something that you did with them. They turn and look at you with astonishment, and say, "That never happened, we never did that"? Then, I realize it was a dream, and that it never really happened. (At least in this dimension! ) Weird, and kind of embarassing. Hehehehe!

Kalonek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    Kalonek, how do you know that these aren't past lives you are remembering in your dreams?
    Because it's mainly with current events and people I know, but in unreal situations. For example, let's say that I am dreaming that I am riding my car to some place, and I do a reality check (in the dream). I try to remember what led me to this event, and I vaguely remember getting up, talking with friends etc. although it didn't actually happened in the dream but it is supposed to be what was just "before". But i can also be some "old memories", like a dream character ask me if I remember a concert or whatever and I do, although it never happend in the dream nor in a previous dream or reality.

Parallel life? That is, if you believe in them. I do and have had experiences of them. Fun, weird stuff!

I find that much of the confussion about remembering and dreams is caused by sloppy awareness in the first place. Much of RBs books refer to the problem of 'slipping' from kind of experience or another. As he indicates, memory is only the process of recording experience. The brain does edit based on the source of the experience. Its up to awareness to label the 'type' DURING the expereince.

Physical life is filled with intruding memories, its just that most do not notice. They set the stage of expectation which in turn limits what we can perceive. Much work has been done on attention for those like scientific evidence.

Even so, memories are not 'fixed' once recorded. The whole repressed memory situation indicates this quite well.

Read up on the various 'hands' techniques to determine at the time of your next experience the type of experience you are having.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)