Thread: Hot air balloons

Blog Entries

Hot air balloons

Hello,

I had this one during an afternoon nap yesterday, and I would welcome some input on it or your thoughts:

Out of the big living room window I could see at first one hot air balloon. Instead of the village there must have been a grassy plain outside our window. Suddenly one of the balloon came our direction - in fact it bumbed into the window and the balloon stopped. Inside must have been a parent and a child, maybe a girl. They just knocked on the window, and I said "Hey, Mishell, you've got to look at this!"

The order of things happened I'm not so sure about, but next there seem to be at least two balloons now. One is on the left side of the view, and its balloon part itself looks more like a box, a design, and the box is checkered black and white. Mishell comments that she'd chose that design over the one I must have said I liked every day. I looked to the right and saw another balloon on the ground, and I think they were adding a design to it, too. I realised that the design of the first balloon must have also been added only on the outside to an otherwise normal balloon.

Then I remember seeing a normal balloon in the distance. Winds must have picked up. I then saw the basket starting to tilt, tipped over by strong winds. Something or someone fell out, and I watched it tumble downwards, with a feeling of shock, hoping it was none of the passengers, but I had no idea how the passengers could be kept safe if something like that happened. Then the whole basket tilted over, I guess everything inside must have fallen out at this point.

Right at this moment I dreamed that I heard our son scream at the top of his voice from his bedroom. (I thought I had woken up, but I had not. Another dream sequence occurred.)

Any idea what this was about?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Hot air balloons

Some initial help with this:

Hot Air Balloon

To see or dream that you are in a hot air balloon, suggests that it is time to overcome your depression. The dream may be a metaphor indicating that you are losing your ground or your foothold on some situation/problem. Alternatively, it represents the process of individuation and your quest to fulfill some spiritual needs. You feel the need to be elevated in someone's eyes.
    http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/h2.htm

Hot Air Balloon Ride
    Not many have the chance to ride in a hot-air balloon, so dreaming of it means you haven'te been generous to yourself lately, and that you need to treat yourself to something you haven't done before, or something luxurious. After all, a balloon ride is adventurous and always exhilarating. On the other hand, you could also be concerned about your relationship with people; and you either need to escape or you want to be looked up.
    http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/D...ep_Part_1.html

There are a few here:
    http://en.mimi.hu/dreams/balloon.html
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Something or someone fell out, and I watched it tumble downwards, with a feeling of shock, hoping it was none of the passengers, but I had no idea how the passengers could be kept safe if something like that happened.
    This reminds me of the dreams i had a little while ago. One about a hang-glider and the other about a parachuter. Both were high off the ground, but then the people lost their hold and fell to the ground. Do you remember the dreams? Seems way too similar to be a coincidence...

Blog Entries

Yes, I do remember!

I also think our boy woke up as a reaction to what I had seen? It seemed to scare him. (Made of course sense in the dream but not now.)

I think I tried to change the dream while happening, trying to imagine everyone belted to the side of the basket, but I don't know if it made any difference.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Hmmm.

I guess the balloons could for example mean "high hopes."

In that sense when the balloon is right outside the window and the people knock on the window it could mean "opportunity knocks" (is this an English phrase or a German one...? I kind of get both kinds in my dreams these days...) Never thought about it in the dream, but the knocking could also have been an invitation (just took it as a friendly "Hello" in the dream, though).

Different designs of balloons then may be different plans (for which design can be a synonym) for realising these high hopes. One is already in the air and one is still in preparation.

The strong wind currents could be "forces (strong current) in motion" that might topple some high hopes I had.

Oliver