I had a series of 'animal themed' dreams, in which I was in a 'fairy-like' place, and I was surrounded by animals. This follows some meditative work I had been doing last week, in which I was asking to meet my totem animal.
In this dream I was surrounded by all manner of animals, and they were 'trapped' in some sort of clear boxes. Someone (my totem? I think it was the lion) was capturing these animals and putting them together. According to him these were all my totems (or aspects) and I was worried that he would put together animals that could eat each other. Then when I looked at the group there was this very large salamander or lizard of some sort that was separated from them. This was as large as a small alligator and I 'knew' it was a 'fire' salamander.
All the animals seemed ok and even happy to be there. The ones I remember were
dogs, cats, birds (cockatiels, to be more exact) and possibly snakes. I was afraid the snakes would eat the birds, which is why I looked inside to see what I would have to separate when I saw the salamander.

This made me realize that a few days ago I dreamed I was feeding birds that were in huge cages. I was putting the seeds in each compartments, and as I turned around there was someone next door cleaning out a horse stall. He was 'mucking out' the stall. (I have no relationship to horses IRL, and I'm even a little afraid of them.) But in the dream we were in part of the same farm, only I was in charge of the birds.