About three days ago, a dream about feeding the birds. (Recurring)
There was a small market connected to the place where the birds were, and I had past knowledge of this kitchen/market. I either had lived there before, or had worked there before. (In previous dreams I 'find' them, they are a surprise).
The birds are usually in good condition, as if someone previous to me has been caring for them. I always marvel at them, because I usually find them without enough food or water and feel the need to care for them.
This was the same, it was obvious someone has been taking care of them, but I immediately feel I must intervene to continue keeping the birds healthy.
At some point the whole scenario becomes a luxurious hotel, and we (my family of origin) are staying there. I think my husband and son are there too, but I honestly can't remember.
The main difference here is that after a lot of running around going from place to place (the food has been moved first, and then I have to separate sunflower seeds for the bigger parrots (another difference, there are big parrots, like Macaws) from the other seeds I'm going to give to the budgies, like millet.) I actually find the food and sort it, and wake up before actually feeding the birds. But I got closer than I have in the past.

Last night, two parter: I'm at some sort of retreat. Am having some sort of expanded awareness experience. There is a place that is some sort of ashram, and there are many statues of Buddha, some golden, some in color, some stone in this large courtyard. I'm looking at them from far away, some are very large. After some sort of process, (meditation and other 'retreaty' stuff, I am sitting in meditation and can see the Buddhas are really people, that are in costume. I wonder which one is the hallucination, the 'real' Buddhas, or the 'Statues'? I ponder it and go back, full of wonder and stories about the wonderful experiences.
I then am dissappointed to know that the organizers of this retreat had put some hallucinogenic plants in the food (which looked like cabbage leaves) in the soup. I am angry about this and protest. I'm told it's a genuine technique that is part of the program. At this point I think it's a scam, and find myself swimming through some sort of swampy place to where the Buddha statues are. Then I go back home.
Part two:
An old friend (one of my husband's best friends, was the best man at our wedding) came to visit. Brought a gigantic elephant (the size of a house or a building). I am glad my son is there to see it, and am amazed at the size of the elephant. After tethering it someplace safe, he and my husband and son go to a room (still looks like an ashram, for some reason) and begin to smoke some substance. I get flustered and yell at them. Then I see my son is smoking. I begin to get alarmed and start yelling at him why it's dangerous for him. He starts yelling back and defying me, and I wake up thinking that it's one of the things I anticipated, and wonder how to deal with it.
Then I wake up.

p.s. The dream I had today/last night started at night and dawned in real time, as I was having it. This has been happening lately, so I wonder if there is some 'realtime' aspect to it.