Hello, CF.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
I went to a place looking for employment. It was either an estate sale or an antigues shop. I asked to be allowed to clean old jewelry/metallic items to restore them. I did a whole chest of drawers in which there were many items/artifacts like that. I enjoyed the work and was soon done. I loved doing it, I asked for more work.
Job / employment - (life) purpose. The work you enjoy and are cut out for, in fact you are asking for permission to do it.

Here you restore (a sense of) value. There are many values to considered, many different categories (chest of drawers). You finish this part of your work - clearing up your values and ordering them. You are ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
This is a familiar house that I connect with my grandfather (his house, but not the one I knew in life) It's on the beach, which is an indication of familiar symbology for me. In there are my grandparents (younger) my mother (young) and my aunt (also younger than in life). She is telling me that she wants to be with a man that she used to date, who has left the room. She seems to be in her thirties (in reality she is in her seventies-eighties). After she moves on to another group of people (this is a party) my mother tells me that the man she was talking about was married, and an old friend of my grandfather's. She is disapproving of this. I then move on to other parts of the house.
The ocean might indeed be the mental plane, and the beach some kind of adjacent zone.

The age of the people might denote their soul age, not their age in body.

The fact that it is a party denotes it is not a sombre occasion, at least not from the viewpoint of souls. Maybe here the dead and the living mingle? The party as symbol for making and renewing contacts, having pleasant exchanges.

Your mother might still be judging the whole occasion from earthly standards and memories, they might not apply, though, if this is a meeting of souls. She might be still confusing soul-level connections and exchanges with sex, physical relationships and marriage.

Be well,
Oliver