Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kundalini, What Is It?

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Re: Kundalini, What Is It?

Veddy veddy iiiinteresting...

I hadn't really been following this thread, but had been getting "borg" syncs and feeling prodded to read about them within about a week ago. I've never been a huge Trek fan (I actually like what I've seen; just never got around to getting into it I s'pose), but I knew vaguely what they were about.

It has a lot of personal significance I won't go into, which I really only discovered about a week ago. Suffice to say that resistance is not futile; one just needs to know what it is they're resisting, and how to direct the resistance effectively. I can say that the borg definitely refers to an important set of very active archetypes that probably inspired it, and which use a freakishly similar philosophy and MO. On that note, even before looking into any of this I thought it was a bit creepy and synchronistic that when Eckhart has what he called his "awakening," he heard a voice that said "resist nothing," blacked out and woke up "changed."

More broadly I view "the borg" as a representation of a shadow expression of the divine masculine, cut off from and having little or no input from the feminine (except possibly as the "borg queen" who can engage in diplomacy and sometimes make the cost seem more palatable in order to decrease one's resistance). It assimilates knowledge and people, sacrificing personal identity and quality of life for "unity" and movement toward a perceived state of perfection. It's the basis behind the spread of any evangelizing religion, any empire that seeks to "civilize the savage barbarians," the push to sacrifice parts of ourselves for the sake of "oneness," and also the reason we've got a large hadron collider but still haven't figured out how to feed everybody.

/$.32

Re: Kundalini, What Is It?

PR,

yeah..., like the darkest hour before the dawn. masculine shadow, i like that, pretty much hits the nail on the head. it's time ole adam fessed up and stopped blaming eve's radiant beauty for his short comings. it's just a 'dark rift' between lovers. literally and universally.

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4