Thread: Rescuing my son

Blog Entries

Rescuing my son

This morning I had one that seemed to have been longer, but I only got the mildly dramatic finish.

It seemed that two gangsters had kidnapped my baby boy. I knew who it was, and they were keeping him in a basement.

Somehow I was raiding the basement with some agents - seemed like FBI. There was a female agent kind of the Dana Scully from X-Files type which I was cooperating with. Since they could not directly prove they had the gangsters had the child, we were there on a pretext, and the agents were chasing the gangsters around trying to look for something else to give me time to find my boy.

There were many rooms that looked similar and I somehow knew that they were similar to his confinement, but I couldn't at first find the one he was in. Somehow I remembered from earlier in the dream that "There's no secret door" - but one part of the wall just looked like an attached cover. So, I pried it open with my finger and found indeed a secret room behind it.

Inside the room was a somewhat elevated area, and a box looking like a washing machine on top of it with my little one inside, to keep him from getting away. At least it looked like one, shiny metal inside, rather spacious, but the entry looked too elaborate. Think submarine airlock from an old "20,000 leagues beyond the sea" movie - around the round porthole there was a wheel with handles standing out that you could turn.

So, he looked at me from inside, happy as always, and I turned the wheel, the door opened, I picked him up and let him stand on the machine to take a look at him. He was fine, so I picked him up. End of dream.

What I also remember is this feeling of having to get him out of the secret room in time to make contact with the agents so that the baddies would have no chance of keeping him.

The dream seemed to have been much longer, some more story at the front, but I don't remember.

I just wonder what this means?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Rescuing my son

Oliver, I'm ready for bed but noticed this post this morning so I thought I'd have a read (after I cleaned up the Friday night spam).

A quick response: I used to often have anxiety dreams that someone abducted my youngest child. I think it's in the same league as the anxiety dreams we have about work or school or other areas of responsibility. Heck, I even have them about my dog.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

This is all neg activity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D.O
    This is all neg activity
    With respect, I disagree. The subconscious has to deal with a lot of material. Just because we interpret that material as negative or scary narratives doesn't mean there's evil afoot.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    This is all neg activity
    Did you realise that this thread is almost a year and a half old? Whatever subconscious issues were being expressed in this dream, they've almost certainly been resolved by now, or at least, understood.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.