Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is anything special supposed to happen with meditation?

Blog Entries

Re: Is anything special supposed to happen with meditation?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    If the only meditation you ever did was holding a blank mind, I think you wouldnt accomplish as much.
    Totally agreed. It certainly is good to have a clean slate to create on, but if you never go beyond that, what is gained?

On the other hand, a mind that has been taught to concentrate on something to the exclusion of all other things ("samadhi with a seed") is said to be capable of concentrating on nothing at all ("samadhi without a seed") - that's way beyond the quiet or blank mind, but I see it confused a lot.

Oliver

Alaskans Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    On the other hand, a mind that has been taught to concentrate on something to the exclusion of all other things ("samadhi with a seed") is said to be capable of concentrating on nothing at all ("samadhi without a seed") - that's way beyond the quiet or blank mind, but I see it confused a lot.

Oliver
    YEA!
    That actually got me exited It is true, nothingness and the absence of cares and intention is actually something. Nothing IS something. Intention has abscence of intention (anti-intention) wich IS an intention. I forgot about that.
    Intense concentrated observation on one hypnogenic at a time into deeper and deeper 'empty space' (wich is not empty till very deep) seems quite bennificial, especially for tuning extra senses. But I wouldnt poopoo any kind of meditation, they each have perks, for instance 'empty head' gets us to a nice calm place.
    For a couple years now I've been trying to swap my sleeping with meditating. Its an enticing idea. Could you immagine the bennifits? Baggy eyes, stiff cramped legs, beet red buttocks. I done it a few times (like tonight) working out the kinks.

I want to mention http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/medi....%20yes_closed There is a notable difference in bennifit between a good sit and one where your basicly sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    No, the thread is going on 4 days old. It is not 2 years old.
    Good, I can always use some humbling.

Life is ever a "Catch 22"

A "Catch 22 situation" is one in which: no matter which way you go, there is an undesired result or outcome. A perfect example, would be that to find out about an afterlife, you would need to die. Therefore, you either cannot find out, or you have to die to find out, which in turn defines "hindsight is 20/20", for the answer is everafter, happily so.

so, stop going hither and yonder in your personal queries. stand in your self and be. if you think meditation is quest-ionable then meditate to find your 20/20 resolve. but, always remember that no matter the direction it is a catch 22 situation.

but, that's a good rule, because one would be hard put to have reached the last step within what is them living life, and need be in the being that requires yet something else to experientially realize yet another 20/20 "been there done that".

we all seek a physician who is going to prescribe the fix for our discomforts, or dis-ease, or ill at ease feelings. but, we have to call on our very own self to stand up and be that physician that prescribes the fixedy of a custom fixing of what ails the personally confined self which confusedly sits in unmovability.

this puts the 'self' where it belongs, as that vehicle which within we may pursue our true being freely without that thinking falsely identifying it's being as the doing vehicle.

i am not my tractor, but because i am, also is my tractor sexy.

gotta love country music, otherwise ya just hate it.

T
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home