The focus numbers are a bit arbitrary - hence no "Focus 14." There are Focus C1, 3, 10, 12, 15, 21 and only between 22 and 27 there is a full range where all numbers are assigned. It's Monroe's way to represent to himself his experience of "the M band" - the spectrum we can phase into. In Moen's 3rd book the Focus levels are described to him by a guide in a tour of Focus 27 that the focus levels are helpful because they are frequencies/states of mind relatively free of human mind noise. That would explain the "gaps" in the lower end of the scale - like a few "safe" frequencies between the noise of where most human consciousness skips back and forth. I also think anything below 21 is astral plane or lower and anything between 22-27 is mental plane, but that is just my guess.

Just yesterday I was told that experiencing an energy body just above our current level of development is like bliss. So, let's say you're currently learning about the mental body, its faculties and its use as a separate vehicle of consciousness on the lower mental plane. Now, if you were to have a glimpse of the causal body or higher you would experience that as bliss.

Just another thought about the number 14... In hypnosis people are given a range of number denoting certain states - like the North Carolina scale for self-assessing how deep in trance you are. People are told what certain numbers along the scale have for a meaning, and then are asked to tell the number they come up with. This is like a sense - people are spontaneously able to take this information and produce such a number to group themselves adequately along a continuum.

So, maybe 14 meant something to you in terms of how much bliss (higher is more) or psychological distance to Source (less is more) - which is basically the same.

Oliver