Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Experiences (OOBEs, hypnopomics, etc.)

My Experiences (OOBEs, hypnopomics, etc.)

This section of the forum should be a great place to start. I love this forum, btw. There are so many interesting posts to read.

I have had a few unusual experiences that I plan to post here shortly. I have kept most of these in a Google Doc, so if you suddenly see a whole heap of posts I am not really close to a caffeine overdose

Thanks,

Early Childhood

Out of Body Experiences (OOBEs)

I would sit in the backseat of the car while my parents were driving. Bored, I would relax and then see the surroundings from about 1-2 feet above the car in a 360 degree view (like the upper half of a globe). I would open my eyes, confirm what I saw (passed a car, about to pass a barn, etc), close my eyes, see the outside again for a couple of minutes, open my eyes to get confirmation, etc. This way of perceiving was a bit like looking through night vision goggles, except everything was in shades of grey and a bit out of focus. I tried to tell my parents, but ..you know, they just thought I was being a kid.

Occult Experience

The only really odd thing that happened when I was a young child, that I can remember anyway, was leviation. My parents lived in a two-story house and one day I was running down the stairs, stumbled at the top of the middle level platform (whatever that portion is called), and floated the rest of the way down. Of course, I thought this was nothing short of AWESOME. I was only 4 or 5 years old at the time. I spent endless times trying to experience that sensation again, but I never did. If I had fallen, I'm sure I would have hurt myself badly. If I had a guardian angel, s/he must have had his/her hands full following that experience.

Blog Entries

Re: My Experiences (OOBEs, hypnopomics, etc.)

Are you sure we don't know each other? When I was in middle school I had a friend who reported the same thing- fell down the stairs (two flights) and floated the second part down, never hit the floor.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Are you sure we don't know each other? When I was in middle school I had a friend who reported the same thing- fell down the stairs (two flights) and floated the second part down, never hit the floor.
    I don't know if I ever shared this with anyone back then, but who knows? I grew up in northern Sweden. Let's see middle school. Hmm.. I don't think I had any friends back then who would have be interested in such things, then or now. It would so cool though... if we at one time knew each other.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't know if I ever shared this with anyone back then, but who knows? It happened such a long time ago. I grew up in northern Sweden. Let's see middle school. Hmm.. I don't think I had any friends back then who would have be interested in such things, then or now. It would so cool though... if we at one time knew each other.

Blog Entries

No, I've never been in Sweden. Interesting, though.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

That's too bad. I have been trying to locate some of my old friends. I haven't been home in more than a decade. But, hey, this might just be the place to make some new friends My best guess is that the levitation episode was an OOBE, and that I was too young to understand the difference.

The 1st OOBE

This one night, sometime around 7 or 8 PM, I was meditating on one of the sofas in my mom's living room. I was using the typical fractal relaxation. I was depressed, you know that typical teenage funk where there is no future, only the now. This time, I was hellbent on it working, come hell or high water. I did not care about my personal safety or if anything bad might come out of it. (Bad attitude).

I fell asleep on my back, and then woke up during the splitting process. The process took place without any noticeable involvement on my part. I was just observing what was going on. I was first being stretched out (perhaps two meters above my head and two meters below my feet), then shrunk to about the size of a tennis ball, and then came out through the solar plexus area. (Huh!?!)

I discovered that I was inside my physical body, that I was floating about a half-meter above the body, and that I was in a place where I used to play as a child - all at the same time. I could move my physical arm and placed my hand over my closed eyelids but could still see the living room from the position of where I was floating above the body and see the mountains in the distance. The emotional state at the time was mild curiousity.

I also noticed that it felt as if I were not alone. It felt as if someone was staring at me from across the room. I did look in that direction but could not see anything. I just sensed it and it felt like a cloud of mild depression. Odd.

I reintegrated and got up.

What happened next

For about three days following that first OOBE, I was a wreck. I was walking around like a zombie when this one friend of a friend noticed me and decided to make sure that I got some help. Incidentally, this was a guy who told me he once that he had survived a car accident. Suddenly he had found himself standing outside the car watching the crash. The car had turned into an accordian and he shouldn't have survived it. Anyway, this guy walked me over to one of the local coffee shops and bought me a cup of coffee, which might have been a greater miracle than him surviving that crash, since he was always broke.

I told him what happened, that it was nothing serious - except he thought it was. He thought it looked as if I was in a shock. The conversation suddenly involved another friend of a friend and it became a bit like an intervention. This guy took me to see one of my friends on the back of his bike. Now, this friend of mine was a non-practicing medium and dabbled in healing. I should have been embarrassed about the whole ordeal, but I was in a state of apathy. She told me that there was a "guy" that was following me around, that he looked gray in color, wore a suit, a hat, and a suitcase. She also mentioned that he seemed depressed. She did not get any information out of him though and tried some healing. I felt a little bit better and decided to walk home. On my way home, I stopped at a bridge, and the thought of jumping was very strong. Fortunately, I had a piece of common sense left that dragged me on home.

During one of the days following the OOBE, I drew a self-portrait where my image had a large black hole in the solar plexus area. I became somewhat concerned about this and focused on healing that area. I would say it took years for that big gaping hole in my chest to disappear.

I have a few suspicions about what happened. The grey guy could have been a ghost who was trying to connect to a new body or perhaps it could have been my double that I did not reabsorb after the OOBE. The end result is that I became convinced that having OOBEs was unhealthy and it slowed down my progress significantly.

Since then I NEVER attempted an OOBE while in a dark mood, and I have only had positive experiences from that moment on.

The start of the hypnopomics

1997 August

I had a dream about helping to build tunnels below a shallow dam so that these ants would survive what would come next (war/invasion?) when a large spider crawled up my leg and bit me. I woke up and saw a spider float slowly away from where I was sleeping. I looked at it. The colors were extremely high contrast in shiny black, with brown and tan details. As I looked at it (wide awake and sitting up), the spider morphed into a bird and then back into a spider and then into a bird then back into a spider. The spider floated into the shadows. I got up and turned on the light. I could see the spider blend in with the shadows and disappear. In my "first" language, tarantulas are called "bird spiders".

Sometime between 1997 and 2003

I started listening to the first set of tapes of TMI Gateway program. I'm not sure I should contribute what I saw to the tapes, but I blamed the tapes at the time. One night I woke up and saw a gold, brown, tan shape floating above the bed. It looked like a ball with tentacles. It was very three-dimensional, vivid, and present. I was not scared. I sat up (wide awake), I pointed at it, and then I pointed at the wall and thought to it, "if you're going to wake me up in the middle of the night, appear in my line of sight so that I don't have to move" and then I had some vicious thoughts about the damage I could do to it with a baseball bat, something about how it looking like a pinata. The following morning I got so spooked about what I had seen, and how I had reacted, that I slept in the living room for awhile. I stopped listening to the tapes.

I woke up and saw the phone/fax morph into my husband's head, then it turned around and met my gaze. I freaked and got up.

I woke up and couldm't move. I became very scared, and wanted my husband to come and help me out. I could not hear my thoughts (internal dialogue) and this scared me more. I could not think/hear my husband's name. Yet, I thought desperately about him and how much I wanted him to help me. Then, these multi-colored spheres emerged from the wall and started combining into a humanoid. It started to look more and more like my husband and started coming closer. I freaked out. I wanted my husband! The ball-man came closer until the shape fell over me, and I snapped out of the sleep paralysis and got up. It scared the heck out of me! Later, I appreciated what it had tried to accomplish. The forms (whether controlled by me or independent) were trying to be what I wanted and needed.

Partial OBE and Hypnopompic: 2009

In a previous dream, I had met a small UFO. If you can call it that. The dream started with encountering this group that was getting up onto roof tops to come closer to these UFOs that had been sighted in the area. I decided to try find these UFOs, but somewhere out of sight. As soon as I had reached the edge of this roof, a little sphere bobbed up near where I was standing. I made certain that no one was looking and took a cable from the unit and plugged it into my left arm. A display appeared, and I started interacting with it. I was thinking about that dream before going to sleep that night.

It was early morning. The bedroom was unusually bright. Everything had a peculiar white fuzz/shine/glow about it. I sat up in bed. My husband was sleeping beside me. The room looked the same, except a sphere/mechanical unit (hypnopomic imagery) was hovering in the corner of the room. I asked it (using thoughts) to come closer and it merged with me, starting with the left arm. Once the connections were made, I felt a surge of energy, and a display appeared. Wow! It had weapons, guidance system, navigation, the whole nine years. I was so happy and thought "Finally! Something that &#$@ works!" It felt like the unit enjoyed the experience as much as I did. Strange. It is one of those brief moments that I categorize as one of the most happy memories of my entire life. I have a feeling that these units can be used to modify the astral body into something quite spectacular and would love to take one out for a ride. I would give anything to have that experience (again?).