Thread: Astral or just dream?

sono Guest

Astral or just dream?

Over the weekend I set my intention to visit a teaching ashram in the higher astral, but fell asleep before I could get out, & dreamed about a set of huge, carved golden doors, behind which was "an evil sprit" I was planning to confront. I flung open the doors & although terrifed, braced myself to fight "her". But there was only another set of identical doors, right behind the first set.

The scene changed then, to my being asleep in a bed in a strange, luxurious room, & slowly rising out of the body, aware of something negative present, but determined not to be put off. From this point, I am no longer sure whether I was dreaming, or actally in the astral.

I floated out through a window some 20 storeys above ground, through some diaphanous orange curtains, & hovered over lush gardens. The air was golden, shimmery & flecked with little sparks of light, really stunning. I remembered I wanted to go up, though, & kept repeating my intention to go into higher realms.

I felt myself rise, & "landed" in an "Art School", next to an "experimental tunnel" which was like a huge sort of funnel, consisting of a silver "cokscrew" type of inner section, with blue pipes around it. I could hear an unusually piercing soprano voice singing something based on a work by Bach; it was a young boy at the bottom of the contraption. Nearby was a woman contralto, who joined in. I was mesmerised by the unearthly sound of the music. The two singers wore uniforms, sort of soft, beige denim outfits of cutaway jackets & cropped, flared pants. It seemed they were experimenting to find ways to heighten the effects of music.

Something jolted me then, & I awoke suddenly - it was such an uplifting experience, but I am not sure whether it was "just" a dream about the astral, or whether I was "really" there. . . . .

Blog Entries

Re: Astral or just dream?

Hello, sono.

From my point of view it is unlikely that such a vivid and detailed experience was "just a dream."

What do you mean with "higher astral?" Places of knowledge for example, like the history of humanity, are said to reside on the lower and upper mental plane, see for example here: http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-projec ... ausal-body

The feeling of uplift might be an indicator to the specialness of the experience.

Oliver

sono Guest

Hi, Korpo - I don't think I am able to reach the mental or causal levels consciously - I have tried before but either black out or forget the experiences, soI was aiming at something in the "upper" Astral rather than real time or etheric, where I usually seem to be. . but I may be mistaken!

T

Blog Entries

Or maybe you've collected some beliefs about that and just found a way round them? What we aim for are our expectations. They might not align with the desired reality enough to get there. So, by modifying your idea where you wanted to go you went somewhere. (Also you believed it was way more achievable.)

I wonder about the symbolism - you're expecting a confrontation, but you don't find one. Maybe a test of courage?

One has to wonder where the arts are rehearsed at night...

Oliver

sono Guest

VERY interesting insights, I am going to have to look into that!! Thanks!