Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dispelling the Loosh myth

1. Re: Dispelling the Loosh myth

Now I see where you're coming from, Korpo.

Loosh however is a reality that anyone can see by simple observation of Earth nature.

One may just look how this reality, the physical World is constructed. One species is constructed and genetically designed to prey upon another, so there is mutual exploitation, more exploitation and even more exploitation - a food chain, so every species is naturally, in continual conflict with another. This causes in animals, plants and humans incredible pain, suffering and various forms of fear.
    A few examples: The storm arrives the wind blows harder and harder and the trees fear it may blow them over. Hundreds of thousands of trees fear they are about to get killed! Massive amounts of loosh are released into the air. The antilope is faced with the tiger. The tiger fears if it doesn't kill the antilope it'll have to die a slow horrible death of starvation. The antilope fears it will brutally be ripped appart by the tiger if it doesn't run like hell now. Both are releasing loosh now. And we all know how it feels like when humans are in conflict with one another.
    Guess how plants or animals feel when they are about to be harvested/slaughtered by humans.
    In summary - Earth nature is a very brutal reality where suffering is the norm AND upon close inspection consequently the suffering causes a leak in a beings' spiritual bodies that releases enormous amounts of energy that is then collected by "someone".
    This is exactly what the Loosh story is about.
    This is a simple observation ANYONE can make and that I have made reference to in my thread http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?f=9&t=19978.

Is it really spiritual growth to ignore that?

I think we should dispell wishful thinking and grow by observation and see things as they really are.

kind regards,

Paul

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Re: Dispelling the Loosh myth

Minor peeve -- the Loosh thing didn't actually start with Monroe; its been around in various forms in various Shamanic paradigms, and was then recognized by the Gnostics. I actually find Monroe's story more compelling for the fact that he had been an atheist at the time he started having experiences, likely hadn't read much Shamanic or Gnostic material (the latter of which is notoriously inaccessible, especially in the 50s-60s when most of it hadn't been published yet), and then basically said the same thing they've been saying for centuries. Then you've got the Matrix and other popular movies, which to me seems to indicate this theme has been in our collective consciousness in a powerful way, for a long time. There's probably a reason for that; there usually is.

I can say from personal experience that there definitely is a solid real-life basis for the "loosh farm" theme, though I would frame it a bit differently than most sources I've seen. Basically, there is what Jung would call a massive autonomous complex loose in the collective consciousness and various planes which self-assembles into systems, in a robotic fashion for the harvesting of resources, without regard for anything but. Said resource is not limited to what Monroe called "loosh"; it could be emotional energy, but also money, power, and anything else one might consider a resource. I don't believe there is any single centralized "farm," but as the programming is set for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, it tends to self-refine into more centralized systems over time.

We can see this in nature as Tiny pointed out. It can also be readily seen all across society, the workforce where people put in most of their time and effort for comparatively little reward, the "slot machine programming" I pointed out in another thread which is designed to capitalize on our psychology and can be found in many areas other than literal slot machines, the way corporations tend to get increasingly centralized and merged and have very little regard for the human toll, factory farming that is solely concerned with efficiency and profit but is also very brutal, and finally, the way a lot of negative interference operates at the individual level. Eventually the trend is toward all these different "farms" merging into one system, since for instance it screws with our emotions to have our money harvested and constantly be worrying about debt and security, which benefits both the corporations and the nonphysical beings who feed on emotional output.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    Basically, there is what Jung would call a massive autonomous complex loose in the collective consciousness and various planes which self-assembles into systems, in a robotic fashion for the harvesting of resources, without regard for anything but. Said resource is not limited to what Monroe called "loosh"; it could be emotional energy, but also money, power, and anything else one might consider a resource. I don't believe there is any single centralized "farm," but as the programming is set for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, it tends to self-refine into more centralized systems over time.

We can see this in nature as Tiny pointed out. It can also be readily seen all across society, the workforce where people put in most of their time and effort for comparatively little reward, the "slot machine programming" I pointed out in another thread which is designed to capitalize on our psychology and can be found in many areas other than literal slot machines, the way corporations tend to get increasingly centralized and merged and have very little regard for the human toll, factory farming that is solely concerned with efficiency and profit but is also very brutal, and finally, the way a lot of negative interference operates at the individual level. Eventually the trend is toward all these different "farms" merging into one system, since for instance it screws with our emotions to have our money harvested and constantly be worrying about debt and security, which benefits both the corporations and the nonphysical beings who feed on emotional output.
    Thanks for that focus and insight - very ahead of the curve. "the way corporations tend to get increasingly centralized and merged and have very little regard for the human toll, factory farming that is solely concerned with efficiency and profit but is also very brutal". Listen, I work at WalMart and I see it, real time, by its largest champion. Your words will be quoted, if you don't mind.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Go for it.

i wasn't half-way through korpo's thread-starting post when i thought of 'My Big T.O.E.' and Bernard Haisch's The GOD Theory.

at times, my memory pretty much sucks -which is why many times my posts contain the disclaimer 'if i remember correctly'. so with that in mind, it seems like the loosh story was included in a brief historical pamphlet (rote) of earth, that was provided by the 'travel agency' that brought RM to earth in the first place -or at least an aspect of him. in the book, the tale was presented just as if he were reading it from the pamphlet, and i don't recall him pushing the theory as fact. i remember feeling a bit miffed about the possibility of being used as a loosh farmer, as well, and i felt resentment over it until the bigger picture of RM's 'Ultimate' (this was in his 3rd book, yes?) theory emerged towards the end of the book. i remember feeling as if his ultimate conclusion contradicted the credibility of earth beginning as a loosh farm, but it's possible that that conclusion was rooted in wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    The process of incarnation works like this – the causal body extends part of itself into the lower planes and a mental body is formed around that, then an astral body, finally an etheric body, which then becomes a blueprint for our growing physical body. This process is called “involution,” whereas spirit comes into matter. Each lifetime brings new lower bodies, and each lifetime is a new mix of energies.

The purpose of all this is to learn and grow as a human, to experience certain lessons. The lower bodies are temporary vehicles for this purpose while the causal body is the permanent storehouse for the wisdom gained from each lifetime. Almost every lifetime contributes something to the growth of this soul or causal body.

Now, here's the thing. The causal body is only affected by the higher energies, for lack of a better word. Unselfish love, for example. Whenever a human serves the greater good, or commits an unselfish act, and so on, it's causal body stores that and it is positive growth from that particular lifetime. The causal body is not affected the other way round by negative emotions, so, even if many incarnations experience very little of these unselfish moments, the soul will grow.
    Korpo, I really like this interpretation, makes sense and relieves one of the disquieting nature of the original (but obviously unclear and distorted) loosh story. I was also shocked a bit by this, but just viewing it as the incarnation creating and working on karma / loosh and so servicing one's own "soul" is really a good analogy.

By accident, I recently stumbled upon this interesting website by L. Bladon (esotericscience), and there are some articles and diagrams of which I felt immediately reminded when I read your description of the theosophical teachings, especially the causal body as the starting point of the incarnation. I think it is pretty cool and I'd share it here for whoever is interested. Of course, I cannot really judge how much "sense" it all makes. However, this can be said of many teachings. And it's interesting anyway.

http://www.esotericscience.org/articles.htm

Here are some of the nice diagrams:

This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

This is great, thank you Volgerie

Maybe I can use this to translate next time I chat with Korpo
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Good grief!

I've tried to make sense of it, but I already think I've spotted some mismatches with the model I've been exposed to...

To say the least I have my doubts. I already take all the theosophic information with a grain of salt, especially where it tries to sound like science... I'm really no fan of "big models" (I used to be for sure), as they limit the mind with concepts, but I know the mind needs some structure to order the information it gets. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Wherever there are concepts, there is misunderstanding.

Charles told me this in the third session:

The mental body has ideas about the truth. The causal body has a felt sense of the truth.

My take on it:

Therefore the mental body can get stuck in obsessing with certain ideas about the truth. Especially if they sound convincing or if they are well-formulated. It's the beauty of how the idea is laid out. Logic can only prove consistency. But that's what the mental body knows and does. Logic, reasoning, comparing.

What I increasingly do for myself is to take every piece of information and try to get a feel for it. I did not choose the theosophical system for its formal appeal, anyway, but because it proved to be helpful in my development, because the information given to me in this context by Kurt was helpful and aiding my growth in manifold ways. I got connected into this system by placing my experiences into various categories and ideas within the framework and starting to realise a bigger picture for my own life.

The model helps me talk about this. But whenever it comes to the point where I would say "Ah, this happened, now that must happen" (because of the model) that builds expectations and creates problems. The model is helpful for interpreting what happened. It can help decode and translate what was experienced. It is not really helpful for getting any idea about what goes beyond experience, instead it limits and shuts down. Nothing can block perception of what is going on better than a belief of what should be going on.

In this sense, my life and experience are best when I live a life of surprises. Every experience I had and made while not expecting it was deep and significant, and may have taken quite some time to decode, understand and may still keep giving me new insights. I use the model to process what happened where it makes sense. But how it unfolds is very individual and beyond any model.

Cheers,
    Oliver