Thread: Dogs and Crocodiles

Dogs and Crocodiles

the other morning i had a dream in which there were two small crocodiles running around. they were only about 1m long. they weren't too dangerous, at one point i had my hand in one's mouth, kinda playful like when i play with the dog at home. not enough pressure in the bite to do any harm.
    i was however, always aware of the crocs' potential to do damage, so i was always trying to keep an eye on where they were, just in case anyone stood on one and got bitten.
    i was looking for the two crocs, and i couldn't find them. then i spotted them...
    two adult dogs were sitting on top of them, and a younger puppy was there too. the dogs didn't seem to even notice the crocs, but i wanted to be safe, so i got the dogs to move, and picked up the crocs by the tails to put them in another area.
    the dogs were all very relaxed and happy to see me the whole time.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Re: Dogs and Crocodiles

Dog
    To see a dog in your dream, symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. Alternatively, it indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness.�If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts. Also consider common notions associated with the word dog, such as loyalty ("man's best friend") and to be "treated like a dog".

Crocodile
    To see a crocodile in your dream, symbolizes freedom, hidden strength and power. It forewarns of hidden danger. Someone near you is giving you bad advice and is trying to sway you into poor decisions. Because crocodiles can live in water and on land, they also represent your conscious and unconscious and the emotional and the rational. Perhaps something is coming to the surface and you are on the verge of some new awareness.

Alternatively, the crocodile may be an aspect of yourself and your aggressive and "snappy" attitude. Or it may reveal that are being insincere, displaying false emotions and shedding "crocodile tears".
    To dream that you are chased or bitten by a crocodile, denotes disappointments in love and in business.

maybe it is you torn between instinctive (croc) and intuitive (dog), whereas neither is your mainstay of receptivity, and both are instead of integrated as you, you rather flip flop back and forth.

how can we explain what both would be as integrated? other than saying it is 'you'.
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

i was wondering if perhaps some of the properties related to the dogs would allow me to "overcome" some less desirable ones related top the crocs..?

the dogs sat on top of the crocs,until i came and disposed of the crocs...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    i was wondering if perhaps some of the properties related to the dogs would allow me to "overcome" some less desirable ones related top the crocs..?

the dogs sat on top of the crocs,until i came and disposed of the crocs...
    That's what came to mind when I read it- the dogs being protective of your more 'impulsive' instincts, and keeping you balanced?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Ah, like "croc = reptile," which is the oldest part of our nature, brain and evolution.

Dogs are mammals, hence more evolved, and also to us represent us some other qualities like loyalty to the pack/family or playfulness.

Oliver

Another Crocodile incident

this morning.
    a huge crocodile in the dream, which at first seemed to be looking like it was attacking. so i was flicking it with a wet towel, like we used to do at school.
    it seemed to belong to one of the other dream characters, who wasn't expressing any fear.
    i soon realised that it wasn't attacking, it was simply interested.
    as my fear subsided, i started to see the creature as more of a 'pet'. it was there, and, like a pit-bull or doberman or whatever, it had the potential to be menacing, but in actuality, it was no real threat when i accepted it's presence as part of the group.
    then it was simply snuffling around at our feet, minding it's own business.
    like a 4m long armoured dog.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a reintegration of sorts.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Sounds like a reintegration of sorts.
    my thoughts too.