Thread: Warning

Blog Entries

Warning

Fear is an issue;

Or, Yet Another Warning

We have gotten questions from people complaining that we don't 'warn' people enough about the 'dangers' of astral projection. We have posted general warnings about the dangers of metaphysical pursuits, but some don't feel this is enough.

So I am going to write yet another post about the symptoms that you get and how that affects the experiencer, just to clear a few things about the information that is available about this 'touchy' subject.

First and foremost, it is imperative that I repeat what Robert has said about this: If you have any kind of emotional instability, perceptual disorder that is not under control, or a fear that is preexisting about messing with spiritual pursuits, this is not for you. The reasons should be obvious- expanded awareness pursuits will open your perceptions to things that were not 'seen' before, and this is not something everyone can handle without some sort of 'major' paradigm change, or can augment perceptual problems such as hallucinations, and these kinds of effects.

Fear is the most harmful emotion when it comes to AP. Although fear has it's use in the physical world, and we are hard wired to reject certain types of stimulus, when it comes to projection, fear can be the tipping point for some, and a major theme for others- for a while it can be the theme.

It has become apparent to me, that many people seem to go through a predictable 'evolution' of phenomena, enough that I suspect this is part of the 'growth' process we undergo as we get more practiced in the nonphysical experience, and goes something like this:

You either have a spontaneous projection, and become curious about inducing them, or you read something about it. Or you may have dreams that turn lucid and you make the conncection. At some point you decide to learn to project.

After following some discipline (or not, this is subjective) you have your first conscious projection. Now this is an event because even if you've spontaneously projected before, the process is a bit more intense- separation symptoms may be felt, and may be fear inducing.

Normal fear inducing events might happen due to astral feedback or other phenomena. This once again can be fear inducing.

Even if nothing dramatic happens, or you educate yourself on symptoms, eventually you encounter another being. This may or may not be traumatic.

Then come the lessons: You begin to encounter entities that seem negative or scary. You become terrified of them, and they keep coming back. If you are like me you may be forcibly taken out of your body and go through this until you stop being scared, and go from scared to angry. At some point your anger empowers you and you fight back. This may take some time, or it may not, depending on many factors. At some point, you stop becoming afraid and start becoming curious. what on earth would motivate a being to try to hurt you, especially when this being is nonphysical, and can't really hurt you physically? And then, you decide to not react in the same way (fear, hostility.etc.) and for some the situation changes completely. There is a new communication in which something is learned, and, some of the time the 'scary' things stop, and the experiences become positive, and then some growth happens.

Now, before I get more into this, I want to point out that I am not talking about people that suffer attacks from negative entities- even though some people do report neg attacks when they learn to project, most of the people I know that have serious or routine neg problems had them before learning to project, or never have learned to project. I am not talking about 'standard' neg attack. Not yet anyway.

One of the things that seem universal for people who dedicate themselves to continued spiritual practice, is the persistence of 'dreamstate lessons'. Some of these are obviously about evolving human consciousness, and others are nebulous- like lessons on pk, manifesting and even how to read symbols.

Others seem like straight lessons out of 'regular' school, like language, or technology.

What I have found is that when dedicated projectors (that is, people to continue their practice regardless of how scary or boring it may be) continue for years and years, the experience can be charted as such: "Gee whiz, I'm out". -> "What is that?" -> "I'm scared".-> "I'm really really scared." -> "When will this end?" -> "Not again." -> "I'm angry "-> "I'm not going to take it anymore" -> "Hmm, it's been a while, I wonder what's going on with he scary mosters?"- -> "hey, lookit that! I wonder what will they try next?" A different kind of 'gee whiz'- more like, an amused "Sure, that's scary. Now what?" and then the experiences can change to something entirely different that takes you to higher planes, with good guys, spiritual teachings, and other types of learning. I won't go into the rest of the evolution because it's not to the point of this post.

Negs and projection- Robert has written volumes about it.

Occasionally you will encounter a neg that behaves 'classically' (and for this read PPSD) and you realize what they're after is to scare you. So you deny them food, and most of the time they go away. They don't always stay away, but IMO it has to do with awareness- things that in the past you would not have attributed to a neg, you recognize for what it is, and respond appropriately.

The point is that getting out of body can be traumatic, and will definitely contain episodes of terror, not because it's dangerous, but because it's mainly a mental process, just another way to grow, and it seems we humans seem to grow when we are confronted with adversity. And in the case of the nonphysical, adversity usually takes the form of 'what scares you', and it's a lesson that will be experienced, whether it leads to growth or not is not the point- if you can't handle it, you shouldn't do it- because no matter what your fears are, you will have to confront them, whether you like it or not.

So my warning is- even though I don't think that you can be harmed physically by AP, you will experience fear, and it can be mind-numbing, gut-wrenching fear. Unless you of course have already faced your fears and have none left- then it should be a cakewalk for you.

And now you've been warned.
    Officially.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: Warning

Here is a well-researched warning about the dangers of meditation, to someone that is not equipped emotionally or mentally to handle what sometimes happens (also known as samadhi or enlightenment).
    http://www.psychologytomorrowmagazin...nts-evil-twin/
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Gosh, that first post is so well written! You couldn't have made things any clearer. I have always kept it in my head that "you have nothing to fear except your own fear. So just don't have any!"

After all this time and I've just read this first post . Excellent.
    It would be nice to see a version like this as a compulsory read (to tick when read ) before becoming a member. I appreciate it would not stop enthusiasts ,but it may be a red flag to some .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    It would be nice to see a version like this as a compulsory read (to tick when read ) before becoming a member.
    People don't read the compulsary stuff now. No reason to think they'd read more.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    We have gotten questions from people complaining that we don't 'warn' people enough about the 'dangers' of astral projection. We have posted general warnings about the dangers of metaphysical pursuits, but some don't feel this is enough.
    Does it seem ironic to anybody else that it appears the 'people complaining' are the fear-mongers themselves? I would suggest that a person who does not believe in the goodness of the world should probably stay away from the investigations the curious among us pursue. This is not to say that these pursuits are not enlightening; surely they are for they teach us about ourselves and the wide, wide world of our imaginations where we are sometimes shocked by what we encounter.

But to take your first steps with the idea of fearfulness is in itself defeating. It is not my nature to tell someone 'now, don't be afraid', or 'this might not be suitable for you' because in bringing up the fear-side it is sufficient enough to engender fear.

That said, as a public forum, certain qualifications must be expressed. I'll note here, that I have long thought there is too much fear in some of these forums - a self-perpetuating negativity. However, I suppose it is unavoidable. C'est la vie.
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Does it seem ironic to anybody else that it appears the 'people complaining' are the fear-mongers themselves? I would suggest that a person who does not believe in the goodness of the world should probably stay away from the investigations the curious among us pursue. This is not to say that these pursuits are not enlightening; surely they are for they teach us about ourselves and the wide, wide world of our imaginations where we are sometimes shocked by what we encounter.

But to take your first steps with the idea of fearfulness is in itself defeating. It is not my nature to tell someone 'now, don't be afraid', or 'this might not be suitable for you' because in bringing up the fear-side it is sufficient enough to engender fear.

That said, as a public forum, certain qualifications must be expressed. I'll note here, that I have long thought there is too much fear in some of these forums - a self-perpetuating negativity. However, I suppose it is unavoidable. C'est la vie.
    Hi Richard,
    I Think that what ever you try to say in wordīs, explaining your experience, no-one will understand until they have similar or some of what like experience...and when they get to experience they Point a finger at you...it is your fault, you did not warn me...they just canīt take responsibillity over what they noticed...more of them self..and did not like it..so it is the first reaction to blame others for holding the mirror up, and they for the first time could se them for a sec and did not Believe what they saw, will not accept them being that way...as the saying is...attack first is the best deffence...or something like that, do not remember the right Words.
    Many are so afraid that they do not even know they are, only see theire own fear in others, but does not recognize it for being theires own fear.
    But we can not give up or in...now when I am better being in the NOW it does not bother me that much anymore.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Yes, Ia. It is so wonderful ...
    being in the NOW it does not bother me that much anymore.
    You are becoming 'bullet proof'!

Love,
    Richard
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

In quite a short time I have found these negatives to be more of a curiosity for me than anything. The last ghostly entity that tried to touch me only gave me a bit of a fright because she popped up in my peripheral vision, so it was almost an instinctual reaction to kick her. The dark ones I try to ignore mostly.