Thread: Totally confused

Totally confused

Hi there, I have doing some reading around astral travel/projection whatever you want to call it and I have two main concerns and I am totally confused.

1. There is no consistency between authors (they all see and report different things) and 2. I always feel really hurt when reading this type of material

Can you help me to understand any of this?

I have previously read that there are no children or animals on the astral level and that everyone is aged 35 years (or there about). I have just finished another book that say there are children and animals. If the astral word is a world of though, and imagination and it is different to each person then surely this is just lucid dreaming??? I know that to an extent dreams can be controlled so therefore what is the scientific evidence behind astral travel? I just don’t mean survey finding because I have had a look at some of them and percentages are not enough to convince me, just seems like dreaming to me.

Ok, my second point, whenever I read book relating to astral travel I always feel that I am hurt emotionally. this is similar to feeling one would get if they received bad new, heart break etc... its at heavy feeling in my chest and I feel emotional pain?

Can you explain any of this and do you think that maybe I should be consulting the scientific literature?

Cheers
    Coxey

Re: Totally confused

G'day,

The lack of consistency is because of the wide range of paradigms involved, eg, some authors are religious, some are not, etc, etc.

The best type of authors are those who write mainly from personal experience.

And I recommend that you have astral projections and lucid dreams yourself and make up your own mind.

I often see children in the astral, and animals, cats and dogs and birds, etc.

The emotional hurt you feel may come from 'longing' or from the conflicts that OBE causes to your beliefs.

I suggest you read the Catch Basket Concept article here
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/teac ... tions.html

There is very little scientific information available on the subject of OBE. OBE is largely considered to be a phenomenon related to mental illness or delusional dreams.

robert