Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drink only WATER

Blog Entries

Re: Drink only WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I vaguely remember reading sensitivity to caffeine is a genetic propensity.
    My in-laws (husband's parents) can BOTH drink coffee at 9pm and then go to bed an hour later and sleep perfectly well. It utterly boggles me. I can't have a cup of tea after 5pm if I intend to go to sleep before midnight!

Then again, I think I used to be more caffeine-tolerant before I went all manic and abused it (which I didn't even realise I was doing; only recognised it in retrospect). I am very sensitive to it now, though. Possibly it's because I'm not manic.... Hmmmm.....

My husband, however, experienced palpitations from coffee.
    That's really scary. Heart palpitations are frightening as hell. I definitely recommend avoiding anything that causes them. *shudder*

While I drink plenty of water, when it's cold I prefer tea.
    I like a nice hot cuppa on a cold day, too, but I often drink decaffeinated tea (so I can have more than one cup if I want). I still prefer water in most situations, though. It's always my default drink of choice.

Which doesn't preclude a shot of coffee or a glass of wine or cider now and then. I do have to be careful with alcohol, and I am, but I can't see any reason to avoid it entirely. Even St. Paul (allegedly; the letter to Timothy is of questionable authorship, but I digress) recommended taking some wine for the sake of your health (1 Timothy 5:23; in fact, he specifically said to stop drinking only water, interestingly enough).

May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Alaskans Guest

Those quotes from me in Caterpillarwomans post were mostly from various books, not me.

I used to get heart palpatations when I drank quarts of coffee a day I was also of course very tolerant to it.
    Also, physically, caffiene will act as a depressant instead of stimulant if used on someone who is already hyperactive. Just like how ritalin is a strong stimulant yet they give it to hyperactive people. Putting out a fire with a stick of tnt.
    It didnt say but coffee is a diaretic, it dehydrates you and removes vitamins and minerals from your body (common knowledge?).
    I find it strange that different caffinated substances have somewhat different effects. Its like there are different strains of caffiene. (Yerba mate and green tea feels better to me than coffee)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar
    but i REALLY wanna levitate!!
    I wanna walk on water like my hero

My opinion in an unusual but accurate explanation- The whole purity thing is about removing peices of earth from your body and sight so you can see feel and think better beyond earth substances.

Im not sure 'impurity' effects 'superpowers' though it probably effects how well you can feel the movement of those powers.

Alcohol can be used as a way to bring energies cultivated in a high place down to earth to bennifit people here (though dont overdo!). I dont drink but sometimes I must have alcohol to keep me from going bonkers cause I have no grounding or I am too stimulated, at those times I really appreciate it. Those are probably the reasons monks have traditionally made beer and wine.

Alaskans Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskans
    Theres a lot to process in everything you say Tim. You should take on some students; 'disciples'.
    ummmm....

to hold me too high is too have me fall just as far.
    Well put.
    Some were meant to teach and others to keep silent. I didnt realise that teachers are considered 'high' by most. I did not mean it that way, or that you have greater knowledge than anyone else, or are more advanced. Only that you have an irresistable urge and I think you should use it rather than fight it and share your wisdom with people in person rather than try to convey it here.

Blog Entries

Those quotes from me in Caterpillarwomans post were mostly from various books, not me.
    I know, but the board doesn't have an allowance for that (not directly, anyway), so I just quoted you.

Also, physically, caffiene will act as a depressant instead of stimulant if used on someone who is already hyperactive. Just like how ritalin is a strong stimulant yet they give it to hyperactive people. Putting out a fire with a stick of tnt.
    Right. That must be why it works for (some) Bipolar people to manage their mania. (There are far better ways to do that, by the way, than abusing caffeine. Just thought I'd mention that. )

It didnt say but coffee is a diaretic
    Caffeine is a diuretic, so anything which has it will act as one, though, as you say (but I didn't quote), different substances act differently, and, I suspect, differently for different people. Tea goes right through me, so to speak, but coffee isn't so bad. Coca-Cola (which I drink only rarely now, though I used to drink a LOT of it) tends to cause me to have those "Oh, gotta go NOW!" type experiences, where you're fine one minute and the next minute you feel like you're going to wet your pants.

The whole purity thing is about removing peices of earth from your body and sight so you can see feel and think better beyond earth substances.
    Interesting. But your body is made of earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen, and trace minerals in similar proportions to the earth's crust. Get the earth out of your body and it dies. It is interwoven into material reality.

I know, that's probably not quite how you meant it, but it's something to think about, anyway.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I saw this today and got a good giggle from it. It reminded me of this thread, too:

http://www.math.psu.edu/tseng/H2Ojoke.html

Blog Entries

Bazinga!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

There's no excuse for consuming absolute poisons such as coffee in my opinion.
    Addiction and attachment are the root-causes and people should atleast be honest to themselves and admit the problem.

Since drinking water is wasted with depleted uranium and other metals I drink water only from reverse osmosis and I soften it with a tiny bit of brine from the ancient salts under the himalayan mountains of Pakistan that have actually been found healthy.

kind regards,

Paul

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny
    There's no excuse for consuming absolute poisons such as coffee in my opinion.
    Addiction and attachment are the root-causes and people should atleast be honest to themselves and admit the problem.
    Agreed; anybody who makes "excuses" for drinking coffee probably has a few validation issues to look at.

"Enjoyment and lack of compelling deterrent" may well be a few more reasons. Addiction need not be a factor, and not all of us Tr00 Spiritual Mastahsâ„¢ are anti-attachment.

No problem here... *sip*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    not all of us Tr00 Spiritual Mastahsâ„¢ are anti-attachment.
    Indeed, you can enjoy doing something, experiencing something, etc., without being particularly attached to it.

I might get hold of some of that Himalayan salt, though. Would be nice around the rim of my margarita glass.