Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problem with subnaval centre

PieceOfWood Guest

problem with subnaval centre

Hello! Could somebody more experienced help me find out what's wrong? I'm practising NEW for several moths. I have always some difficulty with locating subnaval centre. Lately, if I tried to get some energy in it while sitting, i had strong feeling on left side of underbelly. So strong that i have to do it only lying. Today I was tired, so I wanted to get energy directly into subnaval centre, but there was that strong feeling, like energy get from centre of underbelly into left peak of plevic bone (I'm sorry, i don't know exact english words...). And it was painful...a bit. Could anybody give me any advise? (quiting any energy work already done Tahnk you!
    PS: When I'm here - is it possible to feel chakras more or predominantly from one (left side)? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Are you a female? The reason is that sometimes that happens to me when I'm ovulating. (Energy work will stimulate everything, especially something that's there already).
    If you're male, do you have any gastric conditions (like IBS) that could be getting stimulated too much?
    The short answer would be, try stimulating the other side, if it's an energy problem, it will redirect itself through blockages- if a physical one, get yourself to a medical practicioner.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Hello, PieceOfWood.

Could you be a bit more specific about the anatomic locations?

The exact location of the Lower Tantien is a bit a piece of discussion - on the front line of the body is a powerful energy point, right below the navel. And inside the body, at the body's center is what some call the "real Lower Tantien".

The first one overflows when enough energy is stored in it, and helps balance and activate both the front mai / conception vessel and the back mai / governor vessel. These overflow in all your organ channels.

The center of your body, the Real Tantien, can really store energy. It is connected with the front and back, lies on the center line of the body and connects through that with Middle and Upper Dantien. IIRC, this also connects in four directions - front, left, back, right - with the lateral girdle vessel, and also to the outside, as spinning vortices of energy.

The connection to the left could or could not be what you have felt. I was doing a Tantien-heavy practise early on, which tried to activate those four connecting vortices. It caused strong sensations, and left me with a piercing pain (tolerable, but not nice either) in my left connection, as if I had forced through something on the left. Maybe you might have felt something similar.

Perhaps you can look up a bit anatomy in Wikipedia and describe further details?

Oliver

Flash_hound Guest
    Centers can move that might be why you only get sensations on the left side. There is a really simple test to see where your centers (chakras) are.

1) Take a piece of string and a and loop it around like a necklace.
    2) Take an energy conductive material (such as, say, jade.)
    3) Loop the jade through the string so that it is hanging.
    4) Put the jade-necklace over the respective Chakra, it is better to have someone else do this.
    5) Leave it hanging, give it a bit of a start but don't move it at all past that.
    6) If the Chakra is active then it will start to spin around, the speed and width gives you an idea of how active the Chakra is.

You can play around with that to find out where your Chakra is. Have fun! It's really exciting to see your necklace/hanging object just go crazy around your chakras. I promise you, you will be playing with it for days.

Blog Entries
    Em, I did not think the sub-navel storage/Lower Tantien is a chakra?

I also read that when you work with a centre for a time, especially the Lower Tantien, it stabilises in location. I do not know why.

Oliver

Flash_hound Guest
    OH you were talking about the sub navel storage!! I thought you were talking about the Navel Chakra. Ok, well the primary energy that the sub navel storage gets comes from food. That's why fat collects on your belly, stored energy. What is your diet like? What foods do you eat on what days?

I primarily feel it on my left side, and I get some of the same sensations, just not as strongly.

Blog Entries
    According to TCM theory and my own experience this is not true, Flash_hound:

The energy of the Lower Tantien does not come from food at all. It is the original essence transformed to Qi, the Jing life force that resides in the kidneys and sexual organs. It is cool in nature.

The Middle Tantien is commonly associated with energy derived from air and food, not the Lower. It is hot in nature. When you have eaten maybe more than enough you feel heat emanating from the diaphragmatic region.

The fact that accumulates around the belly is because fat accumulates around the center, else we would quickly lose our center of gravity and risk falls easily.

Oliver

Flash_hound Guest
    I'll show you my evidence for the above statement some time. I have a poster with a little chart on it and it shows how energy transfers from food to the sub navel storage .

Blog Entries
    Glad the ancients were nice enough to supply us with posters presenting their knowledge. Seems so more practical than all those tomes and brush paintings and small statuettes and scrolls.

I do not think I need evidence, as I have experienced otherwise. And read otherwise. Poster or no poster, my dear poster!

Oliver

Blog Entries
    The fact that accumulates around the belly is because fat accumulates around the center, else we would quickly lose our center of gravity and risk falls easily.
    Actually, fat accumulates around the middle due to hormonal reasons. In the reproductive years, fat is stored in areas that are more prone to produce sexual desire, (such as hips, thighs, etc. in women) and nowhere in men . When the sex hormones subside, it is then that fat tends to go towards the belly. The last time I read about this the reason given is because the body thinks that it has to protect the internal organs from falls, jiggling, and cold so it pads it up. Hence old people get more belly fat than young people.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.