Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
Hello, PR.

I just wondered if you ever tried the following: Lie down and make the conscious decision to let whatever comes up in your mind to let it happen. Do this for a time. Anything is okay. Let it play out. What happens? What do you remember? What do you feel afterward?
Sure. I fall asleep. My mind also has this weard way of conecting concepts and images that have nothing to do with one another. It's the same in my dreams. I remember one dream where I was shifting pan cakes around on the table but what I thaught I was doing was choosing the right computer program to kill the virus that lived in the pond in my back yard. Strainge right?

A general question if you don't mind: Why do you want to AP? What do you expect it to give you that another spiritual discipline can't?

Oliver
Oh a whole bunch of reasons. For one thing I want to see for myself if there is life after death. The tests you can perform when out of body to determine this are simple. All I need to do is find something to read when having an OBE. The part of the brain that process words and numbers is dormant when asleep witch is why they appear all jumbled and inconprehencable when dreaming about reading something. If i can read something it prooves that my consiousness is functioning apart from the functions of the brain. This will help overcome the fear of death as well as provide a posibility of contacting my dead father. Then there is simply the possibility of exploration and learning about the wider reality and about myself through personal experience.

Personal expereince is important to me as aposed to spiritual teachings. What others teach or claim to be true can only take you so far. I wouldn't say that I am a skeptic but that I want to be able to come to my own conclusions instead of take someone else's word on faith. I'm not good with faith.