I've been prompted to start this thread after reading Volgerle's question to Robert about the green "spiral galaxy:" which he reports seeing as the form of his heart chakra. I was intrigued, as I see my third chakra up as a spiral galaxy, but in gold light & I have often felt it "fizzing" & making electrical sensations at the back of my spine. I have 'seen" it like this in a vision, but also just as I leave the body, when it spins intensely.

If I describe all my chakras, they look something like this:

Feet = dark green light, not always clear or visible

Base = bright red, small ball (about 2 cms across) whirling at the coccyx base

Second = bright orange, larger ball spinning, but there is some sort of darker, geometric shape inside, I think it is a square

Third = a spiral galaxy in gold light, about 6cms across; very clear & "electric"

"Other" chakra (to the right & below the heart chakra = dark emerald green light, which seems largely stationery)

Heart chakra = like the Theosophists' sketches of the "anu", with striations of light all moving fast, in the vague shape of a real, anatomical heart (not the idealised shape) but HUGE - almost filling the chest cavity. There seems to be an exit at the back through the spine, slightly lower than the front area. It is a very bright green, with highlights of silver gold here & there. The moving light follows the shape of the heart; there is a lot of vibration, but not really spinning except around the outer edges

Throat chakra = varies from light to deeper blue, with silver flecks. It is about 3 cms across, I can't define a shape, but it also has an "exit valve" at the back of the neck. Sometimes a "ray" shoots out forwards.

Nasal chakras = one just under the nose & one on the tip of the nose = small, gold lights that spin fast & tingle.

Ajna chakra = a central circle overlapped by the 2 "petals" as traditionally shown, but with filaments of light moving across vertically & horizontally, while also swirling about. The basic colour seems to be mauve, but other shades of puple, indigo & violet flash across as well. There seems to be a dark dot in the centre. It is quite large, & covers the entire front of my forehead.

Lalana chakra = a small, whitish light that sits just at the hairline in line with the nose.

Crown chakra = like a big sea-anemone shape of white light, with an arc over the top. Sometimes the faces of people I care about show up around the outer edges (which reach out sometimes as far as my shoulders). If I am very sad, the sides droop down like dog's ears (!?)

Above the head = a small, silver-green, spinning ball about 2cms across

Further above that = a pinkish "chrome" light with ragged golden bits; it is bigger than the one below.

Above that = varies - sometimes "rays" that shoot upwards, sometimes faint lightning-like colours. (I feel choking sensations if I try to go above this)

Do these descriptions tie in with anyone else's? I'd be interested if you're willing to share!