After reading on the internet about OBE, I decided to make an attempt but that was not very conclusive.

That happened before I discovered Robert Bruce book, or this website.

I was very relaxed, but each time I tried to "let it go", I started to hear high pitched voices, it was very weird. The voices were very quick and "high", as if people had breathed helium.

I firstly thought that was hypnagogic hallucinations (I'm very used to that kind of hallucinations, because I have SP for many many years), but it was very different: Two presences with two voices, maybe three, one good, one evil, and if a third a good one.

The good voice(s) were cheering on me, the bad one was trying to scare me.

Then I stopped trying, I couldn't sleep because that was a very disturbing experience. I was about to get up to go to my computer, then I suddenly saw 5 flashes of light coming from the living-room (I was in the bedroom). The flashes were red and blue. It longs just one second, with this rythm: 1...2.3.4.5.

I don't remember the color of the first flash.

I'm still trying to figure out if this was hypnagogic or not, but as I said I'm very used to hypnagogic hallucinations and that didn't was the same experience. The only thing that could make me think to hypnagogic phenomenon is my state of mind at that time (very relaxed), but I was not sleeping or something like that.

I checked through the window to see if there was a police car outside, or another vehicle with emergency rotating lights, but there was no such thing outside.

I'm wondering what were the voices, and what were the flashes. If someone can help me...