kewl! Spunds like you definitely have the Gift of clairvoyance, specifically thought recieving/sending! And that feeling you get when there is anger? Yes, I can sense emotions (thoughts/emotions...both can be lumped as active brain activity?)
From what I'm reading, Icarus, it sounds like you are more of a sender than reciever. I've mentioned I haven't done any serious concentrated collection of empirical data, but I have noticed a couple of things just from sheer repitition...
When I GET thoughts, they come in all at once in a flash, in a nanosecond...then I have to run everything over in my mind to stretch the bundle until it makes more coherent sense...if I send, it was a stream of higher-energy-level conscious thought, but in a "normal" time frame...when you next notice either sending or recieving, ponder the thought "package" involved...was it a tight burst of thought (indicating a "bundle" you picked up from outside), or something you were consciously running through your own mind (ie, you were sending)...
Harry