I had been living a metaphysical life for 16 years until a move from Southern California found me in a new relationship in the Bible Belt in a small town in the deep southern U.S. and attending an ultra-conservative Baptist Church. While I wouldn't consider my wife overly-conservative, she does agree with the basic teaching of the church - which is fine. She goes there because she feels at home. Until I started attending the church, I would have considered her its most liberal member - not Al Gore liberal, but liberal for a conservative. For me, I figued that going to the church would be a good chance for me to expand my spirituality, understand Christians better, and to seek the true message under the retoric.

Now, over 2 years later, a major part of my spirit has felt gouged out. I found that I just could not abide by many of the religious teachings. Refusuing to fill that space with what I was hearing, I recently turned my energies back into more classically metaphysical studies (especially Astrology and Tarot), but I can't seem to find the spiritual involvement that I once possessed.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into this.

Thank You