Last night I nearly forgot to record this:

I am charged with taking care of my neighbour's dog while he is gone. When having the rule of the home, "we" (whoever "we" is in this context I am not sure of) neglect our duties to the dog. The whole thing degrades into irresponsibility. Instead of caring for the dog, the people I brought in, party in the house. I realise that the dog must have been locked in for 1 1/2 days, and I feel bad for the dog and I want to end it and take care for it, but I feel unable to do so.

I am unsure how to interpret this dream. This is what I have come up with so far:
"dog" = "loyalty", "animal self"
"neglecting your service to your animal self" = "irresponsible treatment of body"?
"neighbour's dog" = either somebody else's body or denoting a distance between me and my body?
"partying" = "indulgence"
"1 1/2" = "150%" ?
"taking wrong care of food and water" = "wrong nutrition"?

"off by 1 1/2 (days)" = "150% of required daily intake"?

So, either the dream says my daily nutrition intake is irresponsible behaviour to my body, which I have no hard time to believe. However, the notion of "the neighbour's dog" and that the dog is actually lacking food (and care) during the 1 1/2 days seem at least to contradict this.

"neighbour" can also be seen in the Christian sense. "Love your neighbour as yourself". Reverse and shake "Serve yourself as you would others." Not sure about this.

Some help to untangle this would be welcome.

Oliver