Being a student of theurgy/ceremonial magick I tend to look for a qabalistic analogy in regards to my neg related problems, and I have discussed these matters with a friend who is a Golden Dawn member.

Robert Bruce states that 99% of all troublesome negs are earthbound, so if this is correct, this also correlates with the Qabalistic belief that the Qlipphoth (=negative or unbalanced spirit energies) are located at the base of Malkuth (the Earth Sphere) and thus also closely related to the corresponding chakra levels (root/base chakra and sexual area chakra).

Especially astral wildlife, incubi/succubi and various astral parasitic forms such as jellyfish, squids, seem to belong to the lower astral sphere, and thus Malkuth.
But what about higher more intelligent negs that might use the lower ones for getting entrance to humans, how do we properly classify them?

Do they belong to Yesod (the Moon Sephirah) and/or even higher Sephirothic spheres?
It seems when entity removers remove a neg entity there is often a hierarchic chain of others, which might mean that the higher negs try to prevent light workers to evolve by blocking their chakras and feeding on them via lower energy thought forms and lower animalistic astral beings.
The qlipphotic hierarchies may seem somewhat dated now, in regards to talk of alien-type negs, and so on.

My experience is that negs react on Hebrew god names as well as Enochian god names as these are pure energy patterns that seem to disturb their being, especially if vibrated as a mantra, in similar fashion as the Lama/Vajrayana monks do.
Greek god names does'nt influence as much as Hebrew does, perhaps this has to do with the energy patterns of the words?