14th July, 2011
Thursday
“Driving to the Movies”
I’m driving to a movie with Wendy M and Catherine G in the back seat of the car. I glance back at them, their generously proportioned bodies comfortably rubbing shoulders. It doesn’t occur to me that neither has met IRL.

Now we’re returning from a movie for which I have no recall. I drive all the way back to my suburb, where the ladies will pick up their cars. Afterwards, I realise Catherine must drive all the way back to Wollongong.

I ask Wendy if she still has a pool (she doesn’t have one IRL but does have unobscured ocean views) and she tells me they’ve gotten rid of it. I drive down a little lane to have a look at the excavated site.

“The Sanitorium”
Now I’m in a room, on a lounge that appears much like the lounge in my living room. (Interesting, I was imagining myself lying on this before I fell asleep last night). I’m watching a girl singing and then become vaguely aware of others around me. Her voice is tuneful enough but it lacks volume and richness. I initially think she's Claire S, a girl I went school with, but she's too young.

Now I notice a boy to my left who is talking to me. Someone has given me a platter with appetisers on it; I don’t know what they are. It’s been there a while and, though I know I should eat, I have no real interest in the food. I experience an extreme languidness and at some point I realise that I am convalescing in a sanatorium. The boy appears normal, even though I perceive him as an inmate as well.

I’m just outside the back door. There are bins there and some cardboard boxes have been left lying around. I proceed to disassemble them so that they lie flat and I can put them in the recycling bin. A couple of boys - maybe Joe and Bryce, a couple of my eldest son’s friends who are sleeping over - approach and chat with me while I do this. I cannot recall what they say to me.

I can hear a device beeping and it wakes me. I listen for it again but there’s no sound, it was still part of the dream.