Thread: My Husbands an Astral Guide?!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My Husbands an Astral Guide?!!

I appreciate that none of you are trying to quell my enthusiasm or question our experiences. I know that even if "windows" have opened so we can somehow see a bit more clearly about who we really are, that we have a lot to learn, still "see through a mirror darkly" so to speak in this human form anyway.

After reading OBE experiences and dream journals here, I do not know what to think. The practical guide of RB, the sobering guide of Kurt Leland. Not sure I like the idea of men "mapping" the astral planes. I appreciate the value of their discipline, techniques and training, not sure I like the idea of anyone stomping around surveying a plane, and calling it explored, like they have got it all figured out before the rest of us get a chance.

Something intuitive tells me that it does not work that way, and it is just ego that makes men believe it can be so. While we are alive we are constrained by the limitations of our physical mind to process and comprehend these things, how can we ever be sure what we are experiencing in the astral is real or a construct of what we want to be real based on our belief system, who we are and our education that has conformed our mind to the physical reality? It is hard to shake off a belief system or even our scientific way of understanding, especially when our whole physical reality of earth has been based on them and guided our ancestors for thousands of years, and so are hardwired into us. And I certainly do not want to follow someone else's belief system or concepts on what astral projection is all about, nor do I want to fall back into superstitions about it. I want my experience to remain unique and unmapped, like the way my earthly ancestors trod through the forest, woods and plains ... not making a noise, not leaving a footprint, revering the creation for what it is, not trying so hard to make it into something I can understand or forcing it into the parameters of my will, changing the landscape to suit me, instead of gently experiencing what is already there.

Am I making any sense at all? Obviously, I know I am more than even my biological DNA and inherent belief system passed through ancestors, that I am a higher spiritual being choosing to have this earthly experience, choosing this incarnation, this form in this time and space. Knowing this, the best thing that that I can do is thoroughly throw myself into the experience of being me, as humble as that is. It makes every experience more important, not less.
    Last edited by imogen; 22nd December 2011 at 01:44 AM.
    The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. ~ Albert Einstein