II The Second Obstacle: The Belief the Body is Valuable forWhat It Offers

We said that peace must first surmount the obstacle of your desire to get rid of it. Where the attraction of guilt holds sway, peace is not wanted. The second obstacle that peace must flow across, and closely related to the first, is the belief that the body is valuable for what it offers. For here is the attraction of guilt made manifest in the body, and seen in it. This is the value that you think peace would rob you of. This is what you believe that it would dispossess, and leave you homless. And it is this for which you would deny a home to peace. This ”sacrifice” you feel to be too great to make, too much to ask of you. Is it a sacrifice, or a release? What has the body really given you that justifies your strange belief that in it lies salvation? Do you not see that this is the belief in death? Here is the focus of the perception of atonement as murder. Here is the source of the idea that love is fear. The Holy Spirit´s messengers are sent far behond the body, calling the mind to join in holy communion an be at peace. Such is the message that I gave them for you. Itis only the messengers of fear that see the body, for they look for what cansuffer. It is a sacrifice to be removed from what can suffer? The Holy Spiritdoes not demand you sacrifice the hope of the body´s pleasure; it has no hopeof pleasure. But neither can it bring, you fear of pain. Pain is the only ”sacrifice”the Holy Spirit asks, and this He would remove. Peace is extended from you onlyto the eternal, and its reaches out from the eternal in you. It flows acrossall else. The second obstacle is no more solid that the first. For you wantneither to get rid of peace nor limit it. What are these obstacles that youwould interpose between peace and its going forth but barriers you placebetween your will and its accomplisment? You want communion, not the feast offear. You want salvation, not the pain of guilt. And you want your Father, nota little mount of clay, to be your home. In your holy relationship is yourFather´s Son. He has not lost communion with Him, nor with himself. When youagreed to join your brother, you acknowledged this is so. This has no cost, butit has released from cost. You have paid very dearly for your illusions, andnothing you have paid for brought you peace. Are you not glad that Heavencannot be sacrificed, and sacrifice cannot be asked of you? There is noobstacle that you can place before our union, for in your holy relationship Iam there already. We will surmount all obstacles together, for we stand withinthe gates and not outside. How easily the gates are opened from within, to letpeace through to bless the tired world! Can it be difficult for us to walk pastbarriers together, when you have joined the limitless? The end of guilt is inyour hands to give. Would you stop now to look for guilt in one another? Let mebe to you the symbol of the end of guilt, and look upon your brother as youwould look upon me. Forgive me all the sins you think the Son of God committed.And in the light of your forgiveness he will remember who he is, and forgetwhat never was. I ask for your forgiveness, for if you are guilty, so must Ibe. But if I surmountd guilt guilt and overcame the world, you were with me.Would you see in me the symbol of guilt or the end of guilt, remembering thatwhat I signify to you you see within yourself? From your holy relationshiptruth proclaims the truth, and love looks on itself. Salvation flows from deepwithin the home you offered to my Father and to me. And we are there together,in the quiet communion in which the Father and the Son are joined. O come yefaithful to the holy union of the Father and the Son in you! And keep you notapart from what is offered you, in gratitude for giving peace its home inHeaven. Send forth to all the world the joyous message of the end of guilt, andall the world will answer. Think of your happiness as everyone offers youwitness of the end of sin, and shows you that its power is gone forever. Wherecan guilt be, when the belief in sin is gone? And where is death, when itsgreat advocate is heard no more? Forgive me your illusions, and release me frompunishment for what I have not done. So will you learn the freedom that Itaught by teaching freedom to your brother, and so releasing me. I am withinyour holy relationship, yet you would imprison me behind the obstacles you raiseto freedom, and bar my way to you. Yet it is not possible to keep away One Whois there already. And in Him it is possible that our communion, where we arejoined already, we be the focus of the new perception that will bring light toall the world, contained in you.

Love