Okay, here's another one. Recently I read several of Jane Robert's Seth books, and also re-read Dr Newton's Destiny of Souls. They have many similarities, but also some important differences.

The similarities are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out for me is the concept of 'soul groups'. The concept as I understand it, is that each person has/is an 'oversoul' that incarnates into physical life using a portion of its consciousness.

This 'portion' is what we experience here, as individuals or personalities. This individual's identity is never lost or re-absorbed or destroyed, and can develop itself as an individual. It is at the same time always a part of the oversoul entity.

Presumeably, once a personality has developed itself sufficiently, it too can become an oversoul with the ability to create personalities. I also presume that an oversoul is itself part of an even greater entity, with many 'levels'. This could ultimately be what the original creation event was all about - God splitting off portions of itself, who in turn split off portions, and so on.

I realise this may all be over-simplified or even not correct, but this is what I have gleaned from these books and others. Assuming I'm on the right track, here are the concepts that don't make sense to me...

On the one hand, you have Seth (Jane's 'channeled spirit' - although Seth apparently doesn't like that label, heh heh) saying that all time happens at once. And yet, in Newton's accounts, there is definately a progression of an individual's experience and understanding. So, although 'time' as we know it might not have relevance out of the incarnated state, there would seem to be some kind of cause/effect or sequence of events at play to make any kind of progression meaningful.

And with one individual repeatedly incarnating, you would think think that there is a common thread of identity through multiple lives. Does this mean that each 'shard' of an oversoul's consciousness has within it the sense of individuality gained from each successive incarnation? Or does each incarnation create a new free-willed consciousness of its own, that can go off and do it's own thing? Or both? Wow, hard to fathom.

If you throw into the mix Seth's concept of mutiple (infinite!) 'probable' lives of a single individual, each with it's own consciousness and individuality, things really start looking like a soccer riot, heh heh! How could this be so? Infinite versions of your own personality, all living their own lives, with their own point of consciousness? If they all have valid individuality, then could you expect to meet infinite versions of yourself once leaving incarnation? Surely not. I must be missing something.

I've just got Jane Robert's book The Unknown Reality Vol.1, which is supposed to explore this concept (probable selves) in more detail, so hopefully that will shed some light on the subject. Again, I'd appreciate any viewpoints that could provide insights on these subjects.