Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
Good idea. Personally I theorise 7 senses. sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, intuition and knowing. I suppose in this stich you could call the 6th darkness/awareness, and the 7th christ consciousness...
I know that the Hindu and Tibetean ancient cosmologies made a references between senses and elements. Maybe it makes sense.
But my view is that I wouldn't think of darkness - as an absolute extreme - as being a sense. Light is always needed for a sense. Perhaps for grounding or resting? Calming down the yang influence? Yet, all the other 4 or 5 elements consist already of both yang and yin, in different propotions (earth and water are more yin, i.e. dark).
Another thing is that we live on the Earth, the Yin manifestation (not Yang); as long as we ara not like gods (able to elevate our awareness to "heaven" on demand), it seems like we live under a strong influence of Yin pole, rather than Yang - as the physical life was supposed to be. So perhaps Yin element, the darkness, needs to be balanced, by using for instance proper magic, and calling upon the other elements (than yin / darkness)? It seems to make sense to me to draw particularly energies being here in deficit, i.e. those coming from other than the physical (or Yin) dimension.