Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

alwayson4 Guest

Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

Re: Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

The closest thing I know of is at http://www.thehomefoundation.com/Kriya.htm. Initiation is not given. As for the actual techniques, you should keep this in mind:

Before reading on, you should be aware that the Kriyas that I share are not identical to those of other Kriya Yoga organizations or teachers. Most of them are quite similar, and some are the same. Meditation upon the Holy Sound, Om, is a basic yogic practice that originated in India and is now practiced around the globe. Anyone who hears this primordial Sound consistently will be drawn into its enticing environment in a natural way.
    The other Kriya Yoga places I tried wouldn't even answer yes / no questions without my having received a Kriya Yoga initiation first. They take no substitutes. The initiation itself is free of charge, but the prerequisite lectures never are.

If you've got $275 to spare - and I don't - this looks interesting: http://www.powerattunements.com/babaji.html

By interesting I mean that it is the closest thing I have seen to anyone offering a Kriya Yoga initiation at a distance, and I suspect that the "level 1" reference means that purchasers are not qualified to pass it on.

alwayson4 Guest

ok is there a book with kriya yoga how to instructions?

Blog Entries

Pardon me if this is stating the obvious, but have you tried a search on Amazon.com ?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Pardon me if this is stating the obvious, but have you tried a search on Amazon.com ?
    The thing I was trying to avoid saying is that a book is still not going to help without initiation - and worst of all the key aspects are still being held back to be given orally at the time of that initiation. A great Kriya Yoga book will still be a car without key parts of the engine. It is really creepy the way those people can keep a secret.

alwayson4 Guest

why do you need initiation?

is there no book that reveals these inner secrets?

Why don't you try to get initiation first and see how that works out for you? Maybe there is an opportunity near you.

http://kriya.org/

http://www.kriya-yoga.org/

That second site links to a technique you can try to get started right away:

http://www.ananda.org/meditation/suppor ... nique.html

Anyway, here is one page which answers the question as to why a web site or book is not enough, and why initiation is necessary:

http://www.kriya-yoga.org/whatiskriya/initiation.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    It is really creepy the way those people can keep a secret.
    Hrm. I find that rather troubling, actually. I'm always suspicious of a sect or other group that has "spiritual secrets" that they keep hidden until you "ascend" high enough to be "allowed" to know them.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Maybe it's just safety concerns. Each kind of energy work has possible side effects and safety mechanisms, and this is one of the reasons why knowledge was imparted only in the full package when a teacher is available.

Also many schools feel morally obliged to prevent teaching students that have not the necessary maturity. Qaballah would not be teached to students below the age 40 on principle, for example. Psychic powers and the true application of "Know Thyself" surely are not to be taken lightly.

Also there are sects and cults, but most of the schools and traditions really follow these two guidelines of safety - to make sure the whole package is taught and understood and the student is ready.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Oh, I'm not saying it's necessarily bad or dangerous. Just that it always makes me highly suspicious, that's all.