Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What if you went back and changed it all?

Re: What if you went back and changed it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    Hey all,

Last night I stumbled across a pair of threads on another forum where a group of people have apparently been working on the question of changing the past actively since '06. Some good stuff there methinks.

http://www.louisehauck.com/node/405?fro ... er_page=10

http://www.louisehauck.com/node/364?fro ... er_page=10

Apparently one of the Seth books also has instructions for a meditation where you choose a different "probable past" which then "bleeds through" to influence your perceived present. Will have to get my hands on a copy of that one.

http://www.amazon.com/Nature-Personal-R ... 319&sr=8-2
    This is really, really interesting...great find palehorse i will have to look into more of her work. I was just doinga little review over her site and she said she has time traveled astrally and changed things...but i am still looking

Blog Entries

It was a scenario I thought about many times throughout my life, and I'm sure others have too... What would it be like to do it all over again, what would you change, how would you handle it? Would you act as a prophet and prevent catastrophies, or would you hide everything you know and cheat the system? Would you be able to keep the same life while only avoiding the negative aspects? Would you be able to meet all the people that you met by chance again? Would you end up being bumped up a few years in school because you already have the knowledge of an adult?
    This is one of my recurring fantasies. How odd that others should fantasize about such things.

I always have a component where I advise my parents about where their attitudes and false beliefs will lead them. I wonder if they'd listen.

There's things I'd put up with again just long enough to form relationships with certain people and there's things I'd certainly skip having learnt everything I care to learn from those experiences.

I'd spend early childhood reading everything I could and hit the game show circuit at 18. (I've got really quick reflexes. ) Then I'd meet my husband again. I'd be really worried about the odds of having my exact children again. I'd try to have a couple more too because I'd have all that extra dough.

Would I worry about changing other people's timelines because I changed my own? No.

As in your dream, I always have someone else like me in the fantasy so I wouldn't feel totally alone.

There was a movie with Kathlene Turner along these lines back in the 80s (Peggy-Sue Got married)
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I always have a component where I advise my parents about where their attitudes and false beliefs will lead them. I wonder if they'd listen.
    I had a conversation along these lines yesterday. I remember about ten years ago, having the feeling that a friend was making a mistake, and thinking maybe I should say something... but I didn't, because I didn't feel like it was "my place" at the time. And, it didn't turn out well at all. About four years ago the same friend knew certain details about my situation that I didn't, and didn't tell me either, leading to much unnecessary wasted time and general crappiness. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate (she didn't know what I was thinking ten years ago, after all) but since then I've had the lingering suspicion that those two situations were linked.

Gehenna and I were talking yesterday about these things, what we'd go back and do differently and so forth, and I brought this up. She said the friend probably wouldn't listen anyway... but my thought was that doesn't matter. I had the nagging feeling to say something, so my responsibility was to say it, not to worry about the outcome.

Would I worry about changing other people's timelines because I changed my own? No.
    Same here; I think the fear of "messing things up" is way overblown, and implies that there's only one "right" way that things can go. If the past and future are both a sea of infinite probabilities, what's to mess up?

I'd be really worried about the odds of having my exact children again.
    For what its worth I believe that if a certain soul has already decided to incarnate as your kiddo, then that won't be affected by changing any of the other probabilities. Unless you alternately decided not to have kiddos at all, lol.

Nostic Guest

I think I'd rather pretend like it all never happed, as opposed to going back and changing anything . If I had to do it over again perhaps it would be easier, but the monotony would be unbearable.

Blog Entries

I think I'd rather pretend like it all never happed, as opposed to going back and changing anything . If I had to do it over again perhaps it would be easier, but the monotony would be unbearable.
    Yep, I've considered the monotony. I'd simply have more fun with it. I was way too serious and responsible as a young woman. I'd be a lot sillier on a second chance. (Actually, change that from "silly" to "wild/adventurous", my friends always thought I was silly).

I think too it'd be interesting to see how different things were to the way you actually remembered them. I wouldn't do everything the same, anyway. I'd just do something long enough to form certain friendships.

For what its worth I believe that if a certain soul has already decided to incarnate as your kiddo, then that won't be affected by changing any of the other probabilities. Unless you alternately decided not to have kiddos at all, lol.
    Me too.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)