Last night I had a rather epic dream that I was the leader of a group of people on a ship, tasked with building a defensible space colony. There were a few options but I decided on Pluto, with the idea that while it would be difficult to manage -- if we could pull it off, it would be so far out in the middle of nowhere as to not be easily accessible.

Our main challenges were to "invent black hole travel" which in the dream was understood to mean opening up a black hole in front of the ship, flying through it and ending up immediately at our destination. (Why the dream said "black hole" and not "wormhole," which would seem more fitting, I'm not sure.) As well as, of course, figuring a way to survive on Pluto. The whole thing was supposed to give us a major logistical and tactical advantage over whoever we were defending against, which I don't think was actually included in the dream, or if it was I don't remember.

I've been analyzing this one for most of the day, but for starters I'm pleased that my dreams are starting to get more surreal and memorable as opposed to mundane "could easily happen in real life" type stuff, which I've said before that I've been shooting for.

Secondly, I see a possible sync in that it mixed a very "viking style exploration and conquest" vibe, which is more my style and aesthetic, with sci fi geekery, which is Gehenna's.

Thirdly, I took it as a sort of reassurance almost. From what I know of my HS, he seems to have a pattern of choosing the greater challenge with the potentially greater payoff, albeit greater risk. While I'm all for that way of doing things myself, since I'm just the 3D incarnation, there are a lot of times where I just get plopped in these situations without any memo as to what's going on or what I'm supposed to do about it, no way out of it but to keep plowing forward till it's over, no matter how exhausting or crazy-making it gets. Floating in space with no choice but to sink or swim seems a fitting metahpor, but it also works as good confirmation that yeah, this is what's happening, and it does have the potential to go very well; it's not hopeless.

Doing some searches on dreammoods turned up some good syncs too...

Spaceship
To see a spaceship in your dream, symbolizes your creative mind. It denotes a spiritual journey into the unknown and signal self-development and self-awareness. Alternative, the dream suggests that you may need to take on a different perspective, no matter how bizarre or unusual it may be.
Outer Space
To dream of outer space, represents your creativity. It may also indicate that something or someone has just came out of nowhere.
Space
To see or dream that you are in space, represents exploration and independent thinking. You are broadening your horizons and view.
Pluto
To see Pluto in your dream, symbolizes death and destruction. It may also indicate a rebirth, transformation or hidden potential.
Grim as that last one sounds, I actually take it as a good sign. I connect it to the Death archetype (and possibly the Tower, from the tarot) -- which is to say that it indicates impending, unprecedented change in circumstance. I've been hoping, praying and manifesting my pale arse off for some of that for so long that if that's what this is, it would merit a little jig. *jigs*