Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lying on your back for projection.

Lying on your back for projection.

Hi Everyone

Is it true that you have to lie on your back in order to have an obe? I suffer from Restless leg syndrome and it seems to be worse when lying on my back, is it possible to induce an obe while lying on your side or stomach? Or should I try sitting in a chair? I was going to ask Robert, but am not sure if he has answered a question like this.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by Tarryn; 23rd August 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Lying on your back for projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
    Is it true that you have to lie on your back in order to have an obe?
    No. I know many projectors (from forums) who write that they also are lying on the side or that it does not matter. This includes myself as I am a side-sleeper and cannot lie on my back at all for falling asleep or deep relaxation.
    Sitting in a chair (as recommended by RB) would in my view only be sth for very experienced projectors who can induce trance easily and from waking state. It is fine for meditation though, also for me. Just my 2 cents.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Thanks Volgerle.

I was told that lying in your normal sleep position will just make you fall asleep quickly, as your mind and body are so conditioned to doing that. I suppose its about mind control?? One more thing is Hypnagogic imagery important for inducing obes?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi Everyone
    Hi Tarryn.

Is it true that you have to lie on your back in order to have an obe?
    No; I don't know who says that.

I suffer from Restless leg syndrome on it seems to be worse when lying on my back, is it possible to induce an obe while lying on your side or stomach? Or should I try sitting in a chair? I was going to ask Robert, but am not sure if he has answered a question like this.

Thanks so much
    Robert has talked about this both in Astral Dynamics and MAP. You want to be in a comfortable position, not too comfortable and not too uncomfortable- just enough to enter trance but not so as you fall asleep. It can be in any position, in any direction, in any dress, in any place- a chair (Robert recommends an armchair, I prefer a recliner). Your bed is also acceptable, but if you use it at night when you usually go to sleep, you may cause yourself sleep disturbances. We are creatures of habit and tend to train ourselves to do something. For example, scientists tell you not to watch TV in bed, because bed should be for two things. But if you're the type who can watch TV in bed and read in bed and still get a good night's sleep, go ahead- but realize that since projecting is all about staying awake while your body falls asleep, you may have trouble sleeping when you actually want to.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

If you see hypnagogics you are in a good trance to either phase into the astral or to try an exit technique. Most of the time.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks CFTraveler

Its a relief to know that lying on your back is not a must. There are quite a few so called obe experts who are adamant that you can only experience hypnagogics while on your back, therefore you can only induce obe while on your back. So glad thst is not the case. Looking forward to trying again tonight now.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I projected from lying on myside, even if It was in a dream (when I woke up, I was in the same position though). Guess it counts anyway.

There are quite a few so called obe experts who are adamant that you can only experience hypnagogics while on your back.
    Out of interest, which so-called OBE experts, in which books?

Blog Entries

There are quite a few so called obe experts who are adamant that you can only experience hypnagogics while on your back, therefore you can only induce obe while on your back.
    Dogma. Nothing more than dogma. Pfft.

I can't sleep on my back, or even lie on my back for very long, for various reasons. I still experience hypnogogics all the time (I generally trance myself to sleep, and I'm a dedicated side-sleeper). You can be in any position in which you're comfortable; for me that means "not on my back".
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thanks CFTraveler

Its a relief to know that lying on your back is not a must. There are quite a few so called obe experts who are adamant that you can only experience hypnagogics while on your back, therefore you can only induce obe while on your back. So glad thst is not the case. Looking forward to trying again tonight now.

Thanks

I actually always thought you had to lie on your back as well, until I read a small part in Astral Dynamics and it's indeed not necessary - see CTF's post.
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
    -
    W. B. Yeats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast