Thread: Thinking about a bad teen memory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thinking about a bad teen memory

Well, thanks for reading. It just helps me to write it out to be honest. I've never really got it off my chest. Even when I tried counseling i didnt say about it. I was in a bad, negative loop then. When I say horror it was only X Files type things not extreme gore or anything.

Your right, it was very unbalanced. We were forced to come back early from work my parents wanted to do abroad. They were disappointed and unhappy. My Dad changed personality, he started swearing and being "pervy" commenting on women all the time. And he commented angrily..like "look at that dirty b*tch*s t*ts" etc. I shouldn't dredge it up as they have changed so much and are such nicer people now. They've improved so much. I feel scared that if I write this it shows in-gratitude to how they are better now.

It was an unhappy atmosphere, and I have problems with being confident. I feel like maybe I was wrong to write all this. Maybe I'm putting back in my mind when it was best forgotten. hm.
    Last edited by buzzcock; 1st September 2015 at 12:49 PM.

Re: Thinking about a bad teen memory

Quote Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post
    Well, thanks for reading. It just helps me to write it out to be honest. I've never really got it off my chest. Even when I tried counseling i didnt say about it. I was in a bad, negative loop then. When I say horror it was only X Files type things not extreme gore or anything.

Your right, it was very unbalanced. We came back from work my parents wanted to do abroad. They were disappointing and unhappy. My Dad changed personality, he started swearing and being "pervy" commenting on women all the time. And he commented angrily..like "look at that dirty bitches tits" etc. I shouldn't dredge it up as they have changed so much and are such nicer people now. They've improved so much. I feel scared that if I write this it shows in-gratitude to how they are better now.

It was an unhappy atmosphere, and I have problems with being confident. I feel like maybe I was wrong to write all this. Maybe I'm putting back in my mind when it was best forgotten. hm.
    I totally understand your fear, but you must start to get it out of your chest, and to tell how things were, is not to put your parents down, it was then, and now is now....If it has not bean as it was, then you´w not had this sadness inside of you, right??!!
    So to tell how they where and how it affected you, then you look how you where and how it affected them. But you where a Child and they adults, so you are the Product most of them, how they have affected you, and you only act out it also to show how it become....It was also a lesson for you, even it was hars, that all has consequenses, and in your case ...horrible consequenses...a fear stuck into your inner what you still are carrying around.
    It is time to get it out for good.

So tell what you need to tell and then you can delete this threat ...if you are afraid your parents may read it....so ....you have that power so to speak.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Post decorum please.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzcock View Post

Your right, it was very unbalanced. We were forced to come back early from work my parents wanted to do abroad. They were disappointed and unhappy. My Dad changed personality, he started swearing and being "pervy" commenting on women all the time. And he commented angrily..like "look at that dirty bitches tits" etc. I shouldn't dredge it up as they have changed so much and are such nicer people now. They've improved so much. I feel scared that if I write this it shows in-gratitude to how they are better now.

Hi Buzzcock ,
    While I understand you're describing how your father felt , using explicit language isn't necessary , if it was germane to the whole of the thread I wouldn't have put this in and glanced past easy, please bear in mind , people reading this thread aren't only the ones commenting on it , we have young people peeking so we keep proper manner of conversation.You are requested to keep it seemly.

Just be mindful of it here after