Quote Originally Posted by AstralMan View Post
It seems that yours is the story of every person who claims to astral project in every forum I've visited: most of them -if not all- had spontaneous out of body experiences in childhood and they only needed a book, binaural audios, etc. to be able to control it, to do it at will... That fact makes me wonder again if a person llike me who have never had an OBE can actually learn how to experience them reading a certain book, listening to any 'Gateway - OOB Journey, etc.' tracks...

I've already downloaded obe4u.com's The Phase. I'll have a look at it as soon as I finish Robert Monroe's trilogy.

Thanks
Actually I came across the concept of out of body experiences for the first time while browsing the internet as a young lad before having any such experiences. I was extremely intrigued and with the help of a high level of motivation and dedication, I succeeded in inducing the out of body state after about a week of commitment to achieving it, using one of the most difficult techniques I might add (projection from a fully awakened state during the evening). I eventually became a natural with a little hard work and a lot of determination. It wasn't until I became proficient in inducing these experiences that they began to occur spontaneously.

Regarding the books, I recommend reading Monroe's for motivation, and the Phase for methods of achieving the OBE. In other words, both in equal measures, although you're not going to get out of your body just by reading stories of other people doing so. The methods presented in the Phase are some of the easiest and most reliable techniques I have come across to this day. Why not start now?