Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Interesting excerpt from the Nei Jing (Chinese medical / taoist classic)

I put some phrases in bold for emphasis the essential parts which are - according to my current knowledge - important to be followed. I'll take later time to explain all of them, but at the beginning I start with the simple things:

Essence, in Chinese jing, is the closest to the physical body energy which sustains its functions. It is different, more gross I'd say, energy than qi is, which in turn is the universal energy for body closer to astral and can be untilized in many ways, starting from mental or emotional, to finally physical transformation.

Yin and Yang - are the most general "keys" to be watched on the way to the immortality. They are maybe too general in practice, but are good references. Heaven (cosmos) and Earth (matter) are basically also yang and yin, respectively, however they are seperate because they are manifested yang and yin (in opposite to unmanifested polars).

I already talked about the importance of spirit (or shen energy in TCM) before - the Chinese book uses the term of "preservence", which I refer to as "connection", but the idea is the same: loosing the spirit frequency disconnects us from the source of life / our original frequency. Spirit frequency is then kept in body.

Eight winds refer to the 8 world directions or 8 fundamental cosmic energies present on the Earth. They must be balanced, just like wu-xing (5 elements).

The taoists principles are solid. Developing the 3 dan tiens leads to health and an abundant life. What Robert Bruce calls the energy storage centers. Especially the lower dan tien which is in the navel. The taoists consider that the foundation for health and wellness in life.

Most people will pass away without developing these dan tiens.

A person with a fully developed lower dan tien, will naturally have energy rise to the other 2. One in the solar plexus and another in the center of the head. And there is also another one above the head.

Both aid the person in containing and converting energy.

A fully developed dan tien will have some pretty amazing qualities. Like even guiding what you eat.