Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Tones, Ears Ringing & related matters.

Vic Sage Guest
    I've been meaning to throw in with this discussion for a couple of months now, ever since I first read a different thread on the same topic where someone mentioned the idea of adjusting the frequency of the noise.

I'll preface all of this by admitting that no, I don't know what the h... any of this is.

The tones I hear are constant and always with me, but they're just as easy to ignore as they are to tune into and become consciously aware of them again. Sometimes my awareness will be brought to them abruptly when I hear another tone -- usually somehow richer and more substantial, perhaps of a lower frequency, or at least in some way different enough from the constant, almost-inaudible whine to grab my attention. It's the kind of sound I associate with someone turning on a TV in the house, so I usually take a moment and try to figure out who might have done so, though that's usually not the case. The sound is usually gone somewhere over the next minute or two.

Also, I remember once reading a conspiracy theory about government agents stalking through the nation with supersonic sound cannons, attributing ear-ringing to them firing upon you from outside on the street, in the woods outside your home, etc. I don't really think I buy this one, though -- I'm not really that big a crackpot, as much as I would love to play one on TV.

Anyway, back in like March or so, upon reading that post I mentioned above, I began experimenting, playing with the sound. I found immediately that I could indeed raise the "frequency" or the "octave" or whatever. The sound, I feel, normally resides somewhere near the top of my ears, and as I raise the pitch, I usually feel a reflexive pulse on each side of my skull -- the pulse seems to travel in an arc up the sides of my skull, above my ears, with each conscious raising of pitch, if that makes any sense.

It's as if the ringing itself is coming from a pair of specific points in space near the top of my ears, and I can feel a physical representation of it moving as I play with the sound.

Either way, all I've been able to do so far is raise the pitch of the sound high enough to get these pulsing points of awareness to converge at the top of my head.

For the first few weeks or so after figuring this all out, raising past a certain frequency (the pulsations usually near the top of my skull by this time) would cause a sensation in my left ear canal, feeling like it was swelling shut and pulsing in time with my heart, and the actual audible pulsing of blood was really loud. This sensation of having a full ear usually went away fairly quickly, as it would distract me from holding the ringing at the tone where I wanted it and it would slide back down to whatever octave at which it normally resides. I don't know what this controllable ear-closing sensation was, but it was really cool, and it seems to have disappeared in the past weeks.

Either way, I can still hear the ringing and I can still increase the frequency, and I can still feel those points of awareness move when I do so.

Oh, also -- I don't know if it's related, but the top of my right ear likes to twitch sometimes, and it usually stays for a day or two, twitching every couple of minutes, then it disappears for a few weeks. It feels like sometime is tugging on it, though there's no sensation of fingers actually grasping the cartilage. I'm experiencing it right now, which is probably why I was reminded to finally weigh in on this discussion.

Let me know if you guys figure any of this out.

Best,

--V

The Happy Scamp Guest
    Interesting, Vic, THanks for posting

You say:

"I began experimenting, playing with the sound. I found immediately that I could indeed raise the "frequency" or the "octave" or whatever. The sound, I feel, normally resides somewhere near the top of my ears, and as I raise the pitch, I usually feel a reflexive pulse on each side of my skull -- the pulse seems to travel in an arc up the sides of my skull, above my ears, with each conscious raising of pitch, if that makes any sense."

I have not been able to get that backround tone (as distinct from the brief discrete tones) to do much either in frequency or location, though by using the NEW techniques, I can get it to waver in intensity. But it sounds like you are getting same "pink noise" that resides behind the ears to move in both pitch and location...?

Could you tell us anything more as to what is happening or how you get that result?

Thanks
    HS

PS... this stuff doesn't seem to be electromagnetinc in character, since neither the pink noise nor the discrete ephemeral tones are distorted or disturbed by the motion toward or presense of metal, such as a copper wrist band, but they almost certainly would be if they were elctromagnetic in character.

Meanwhile, yes the technology DOES exist to broadcast sounds directly into the brain, and has since the fifties. A kid, about 12 years old in fact discovered it and the story was featured in Life Magazine at the time. The US military immediately siezed the patent though and nothing was ever heard of it officially again. Google "neurophone" for more info on that one. Coupled with directional beam microwave technology and/or hypersonic technology (that's another one to google) all sorts of things are possible.

But I don't THINK that that stuff has much, if anything to do with what were are dealing with here.

Blog Entries
    I believe it's natural phenomena. I don't know if it's physical or otherwise, but I've yet to meet someone who doesn't hear it when it's quiet enough.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Vic Sage Guest
    Hey Scamp!

Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Scamp
    I have not been able to get that backround tone (as distinct from the brief discrete tones) to do much either in frequency or location, though by using the NEW techniques, I can get it to waver in intensity. But it sounds like you are getting same "pink noise" that resides behind the ears to move in both pitch and location...?

Could you tell us anything more as to what is happening or how you get that result?
    For me, it's as simple as going up the scale. Do-Re-Me and so on. The pitch increases and the location travels up toward the crown chakra. I'm not sure how best to teach someone else to do it, since it sort of feels like I'm just tuning or adjusting. Perhaps if you just mentally start at the sound's original pitch and went up the scale from there? Figure out what the next step up would sound like and try listening for that? Let me know how these suggestions hit you and maybe we can figure something out. The effect can be REALLY subtle.

Meanwhile, yes the technology DOES exist to broadcast sounds directly into the brain, and has since the fifties. A kid, about 12 years old in fact discovered it and the story was featured in Life Magazine at the time. The US military immediately siezed the patent though and nothing was ever heard of it officially again. Google "neurophone" for more info on that one. Coupled with directional beam microwave technology and/or hypersonic technology (that's another one to google) all sorts of things are possible.

But I don't THINK that that stuff has much, if anything to do with what were are dealing with here.
    I'll save this stuff for the next time I'm writing an ultra-creepy horror thriller conspiracy novel (or screenplay, starring Bruce Campbell).

That said, are you intimating that perhaps it's not simply a side effect of the sheer amount of electromagnetism we're surrounded by in today's modern technodependent culture?

--V

EDIT: I just realized that I overlooked something, so to clarify -- no, the location of the sound doesn't move. With each increase in pitch, the sound remains in the vicinity of my outer ear; it's just that each increase is also accompanied by a pulse of awareness on the line between my ear and my crown.

Blog Entries
    I can change the tones if I'm in the hypnagogic stage (or close) after a long time of meditating. But never with waking consciousness. As for location, it sounds to me as an 'inside the ears' sound.

Spite Guest
    I've had a constant high-pitched ringing in my left ear and a high-pitched cherping cricket sound in my right ear, this has been happening most of my life. I've never had control over these sounds, but I've had times when a sharp ping happens in the left, never the right. And at times the right flucuates higher then the normal.

I do know I have spirits around me most of the day, but they claim that its a high pitched energy bandwidth that my ears are accessing. I remember reading Monroe's books where he commented on the M-Band and H-Band, which he documented as loud noises that represented thought patterns and wavelengths of everyone located in the Earth Energy System. I'm not saying that I'm accessing this area or anyone else is for that matter; but I do believe its possible. I've had many occasions where I hear someone say something mentally then hear them comment on it physically.

For me its uncontrollable at this moment, but getting better by the day(I just started concentrating on controlling it). I've gotten myself in trouble by letting fear manifest words through this channel, but I have discovered ways to get around this fear. Also since I started reading this thread I have come up with the thought that this may be the onset of clairaudience(correct me if I am wrong); or the possiblity that its a focused clairaudience or a highly sensitive clairaudience that hones in on sounds of certain energy forces.

I want to start road testing the chance that this could possibly be the onset of clairaudient ability or some type of extreme ability which is zoned incorrectly. I just don't know where to start, any suggestions?

Spite

Blog Entries
    Spite wrote:
    I want to start road testing the chance that this could possibly be the onset of clairaudient ability or some type of extreme ability which is zoned incorrectly. I just don't know where to start, any suggestions?
    Suggestion: Try focusing on them when you're in the hypnopompic state (a presleep suggestion might help to remember) and as soon as you move write down what you remember, and then keep aware for signs that this is precognition. It may help with control.

I have had a range of audio effects.

If I concentrate when i am in a quiet environment, I am aware of a hum, fairly low in pitch and almost sub-audible - it isn't low enough to be a rumble and it isn't the hum of a city either. the city hum is noticeably separate.

Also, every so often, a sudden high-pitch almost-whistle starts, mostly for both ears but sometimes just one or the other. This would be somewhere around 15k hz, and is similar to the sound when a TV starts up without the volume. But it can happen when there is no chance of me being within range of electronic gear that is on. It fades from attention over time but often, many minutes later I will notice it suddenly stop, even though I haven't been conscious of it for some time.

Also, mostly in the reverie time when i am about to sleep, I hear sudden sounds, but not with my ears. They are definitely internal & loud, almost vibratory. A couple of times it has been my name, a few times other words & sometimes just a noise. The most common is like a door slamming except it is truncated, like someone has recorded a door slam & then cut it off as soon as it begins, but there have also been twangs & bongs, usually also truncated.

Any ideas would be welcomed as it has puzzled me for years. The internal noises also come with a kind of feeling that someone is directing them at me, but who or for what purpose I have no idea.

Note I also have a question about vision that I will either add to a similar post or create a new one if I can't find anything similar
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Spite Guest
    I just realized that concentrating on the sounds makes them louder, but also increases my connection with the astral. Its a little confusing, but I have some astral friends willing to help.

The more I focus on the sounds the louder they get until I reach a peak where I can hear the astral. Once accomplished I need to keep my focus on whats being said and the ringing just fades away; but if the focus is lost the ringing comes back with a vengence, but its a great reminder to shift focus back to where I was.

The Happy Scamp Guest
    We'll be interested to hear how your astral hearing turns out, Spite. But beware this psychic stuff. I have become mildly telepathic, or it seems as if I have become mildly telepathic over the last 5 years or so... what a pain in the ass it is! All sorts of moods emotions and half baked intent from other minds, including those of animals & etc, all mized in with your own processes. At first, you are only half aware they are there. Then it's like, where the heck did THAT come from? If I had not had a lot of practice with introspection and a fair understanding of depth pyschology and what to look for and how to trace things back, I would have become suspicious of my own mind. It is especially pesky in the city ( I know that telepathy is supposed to be not affected by distance, but I think that that applies more to a direct intended contact... we all just also broad cast or beings, and in the real time zone, that is likely a more local effect),, and I aim to get back to the country soon, where most of the thoughts (that I pick up at any rate) are those of farm animals (though that can be pesky too).

It raises a prefound moral question: If your beings are constantly radiating stuff into the envoirnment, and affecting it and the other beings that live in it, then all our mentation, ideation, etc, has social consequences. Whatever class of moral code you might subscribe to, it requires a substantial upgrade to your idea set. As if there isn't enough to do.

Getting back to the main topic, it sounds like there are a variety of experiences out there among those of us that have spoken about this so far. And for now I make two assumptions: 1) THey may or may not have anything to do with astral dynamics (anecdotally it certainly LOOKS like they do though) and 2) There are a variety of events occurring and they may very well not all have the same cause.

Astral doings is one source of these tone events. Biochemistry is another: lots of substances cause what is called "tininitus". Persons that have much experience with psychedelics report that some especially favor audio events, some witih some very bizarre properties... making everything sound very low in tone for example. I would bet, though I can't prove, that garden variety electronic interference is an occasional cause.

For now, the thing to do is to gather as much data as you can. When you hear these things, stop and take note: Which ear is it? Is it IN the ear or near it, or in some other place? What is the purity of the tine? How high up on the register would you say it is? How long does it last? Does it stay the same volume the whole time or does that change? Do is stay the same pitch the whole time? Does it feel like it has a pressure to it? In which direction is your ear when the tone arrives? Does it make a difference if you turn your head? How about if you put a piece of metal ( just hold your wristwatch or bracelet near it) near that ear, is there a change? I am sure you can think of other questions as well. THe more data we get, the greater the chance that we can get to the bottom of it.

Otherwise, I find the idea of listing into it and opening the way into the astral intrigueing, but I have not had much success with reaching into it.

Thanks to all for the input.

HS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast