Thread: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    If I'm dreaming I might look around in the dream and have to fully agree with the above statement so long as I remain unaware that what I am experiencing is my own self-created dream. The world around me, even my own body, the landscape, whatever.

Sure, so long as I lack any real awareness of what is REALLY going on I'll believe that the dream world and my apparent physical presence in it is obviously not self created to any degree whatsoever.

Give me one iota of conscious awareness however, wake me up to the fact that what I am experiencing is in fact a dream, and with that awareness the dream becomes malleable. Nothing is impossible. I can work apparent "miracles".
    Tom, while I agree with much of your commentary, I disagree with this comment. The truth is that you do not consciously create every aspect of a lucid dream. You often become lucid in a landscape that was not your conscious, deliberate creation. Can you be sure it's even a creation of your own subconscious or not in some way created for you by another consciousness? Aspects of the dream may become malleable, or may resist your attempts to control them but you'll never be totally consciously controlling every aspect of the dream. There will also be surprising elements, for instance, which you cannot claim to have thought up knowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    I would say that for "manifesting" to work the intention must be in harmony or in accord with other points of consciousness in the universe that might be in any way impacted for the greatest good of all concerned. There must be a consensus.
    This is what I believe is likely. Even so, there must be variation. For instance, if two souls have agreed to meet at some time in order to interact in some significant way and one of those souls prematurely terminates his own life through an act of free will, then perhaps alternate arrangements are made.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: "We do create our reality ...but we need to be in alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Tom, while I agree with much of your commentary, I disagree with this comment. The truth is that you do not consciously create every aspect of a lucid dream. You often become lucid in a landscape that was not your conscious, deliberate creation. Can you be sure it's even a creation of your own subconscious or not in some way created for you by another consciousness? Aspects of the dream may become malleable, or may resist your attempts to control them but you'll never be totally consciously controlling every aspect of the dream. There will also be surprising elements, for instance, which you cannot claim to have thought up knowingly.
    In general I think it is commonly accepted that dreams are in some way self-generated (created) by the mind or thought regardless if the dream is LUCID or not.

My main point is that thought or mind is creative in relation to experienced "Reality".

Can someone else or something else initiate a dream for me? I suppose, but it is presumably still THOUGHT or MIND generated. Created by some thinking agency even if somehow projected into my consciousness by some other mind, the nature of the experience or the apparent content of the dream is subordinate to thought.

I have had shared dreams. I'm intrigued by the reported shared visionary experiences induced by such things as "mutual hypnosis". Shared Lucid Dreaming is a possibility that intrigues me greatly though I have not found any lucid dreamers interested in experimenting along those lines as yet, unfortunately. So I accept that minds can cooperate in order to manifest some specific creation in dreams or in "real life" but the point is that in general what is perceived as "matter" or physical substance is Mind or Thought generated.

This is what I believe is likely. Even so, there must be variation. For instance, if two souls have agreed to meet at some time in order to interact in some significant way and one of those souls prematurely terminates his own life through an act of free will, then perhaps alternate arrangements are made.
    I'm at a loss to find in what way your example relates to my statement quoted or the general issue under discussion.