Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why after 12 years my obes stopped

why after 12 years my obes stopped

I am an experienced projector (i had obes since the age of 13, usually 4 to 5 times a week) and i had the natural ability for astral projection and i was also able to induce them at my own will. Very recently (about a month or so) my experiences suddenly stopped for no reason. I dont understand what happened and i tried every method i know like energy work on myself, stimulating my chakras, practicing deep trance and so on, but still nothing. My natural sleep paralysis also stopped. Nothing changed in my routine i still sleep at the same time for the same amount of time, i eat the same and I have no big worries or problems on my mind. Is there anyone who has any idea what is happening? I relli miss my ap especially because i was able to go anywhere and visit anyone and it was giving me a feeling of being more than just an empty shell. I feel like a won a lottery and lost my ticket=(

Blog Entries

Re: why after 12 years my obes stopped

There are various reasons for this, but I have questions.
    Did you get vibrations previously?
    Did you stop projecting or did you stop getting vibrations?

I have more, but need the answer to these first to come up with an idea.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i always had vibrations but now its nothing i just lay there n nothing happens and my usual natural projections that always happened stopped as well i never tried as i said i induced it sometimes but usually they just happened so lately since they stopped i tried inducing them twice to three times a week and each time i fail

Blog Entries

Because the exit symptoms have changed.

Well, I think this may be part of the problem. After many projections, it's not unheard of to stop getting vibrations, and since many people use them as signposts that they're 'ready' to go, they just simply miss the opportunity to exit.
    I haven't had vibrations for many years now, and when they stopped I thought I couldn't project any more, and then I tried to use other cues and found out that I still could project, but it took a lot of experimentation.
    You may think that your 'natural' (by this I mean spontaneous) projections have stopped, but I think that the problem is that you are not waking up to any exit symptoms, and going into the astral plane instead of the etheric plane, and that may lead you to believe you're not projecting, but you may notice an increase in lucid dreams. This is because you are not having dramatic cues, and thinking they're 'regular' dreams- but if I were a betting woman I'd bet you're getting a lot of 'learning' dreams, and a lot of 'skill' dreams- that's because your projections have changed.
    What to do? Well, my recommendation is to meditate to the point of almost falling asleep (which is from a half an hour to an hour for me, btw) and instead of trying to get out, observe how your perceptions change; are you seeing through your eyelids? Are you hearing people talking to or about you? Are you seeing various vision screens, hearing various other things? Feeling the sensation of movement? All of these can be cues that you have shifted your awareness into the nonphysical and didn't notice; then it's time to try an exit technique.
    I believe I read that you have Robert's books, so you may be familiar with many of the exit techniques- if not the OBE R & D subforum has a section dedicated to the projector that has no vibrations.
    Think of yourself as an evolving person- not just your life changes, your mind and the way you project has changed too.
    Good luck and I hope it works for you.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 5th September 2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added link

CFTraveller, sorry to jump in here, butall you said seems to apply to me as well, as I have the same problem . . I don't get vibrations often, & haven't been able to project intentionally for ages, but do often find myself in very vivid places.

Another quick thought - M Raduga says that one often projects from the same place where one first projected (which he takes to mean that it is all a lucid dream), but I have found myself back at old houses where I used to live, projecting through the walls there, into trees that no longer (physically) exist. I'm wondering if these places could serve as portals? Perhaps it would help to actively try to return/phase to these places, & take it from there. (I am going to try tonight!) I'd like to hear your opnion, too!

Blog Entries

It's been years since I read OBE4U, so I can't speak to what M. Raduga says- but any dream can be a platform for an Astral Projection once lucidity sets in- where you go from there probably depends on 'where you are' developmentally.
    I do think it's natural to 'go home' in dreams (after all, it's where you grew up) but lucidity has to set in to do something 'collective' with it.
    I now project in a technique similar to phasing- I follow the same schedule I used to have when I OBEd frequently, but at the time that I get the symptoms that work for me (which are entirely visual, now even sounds don't do it) I use movement as an exit technique or merge with the landscape- I still prefer it because of lucidity issues- it's easier for me to project from a conscious state than to induce lucidity in a dream and then go from there.
    I think it has to do with natural ability- some people find LD easy- it's not so for me.
    In this post I am speaking from experience solely, "Experience May Vary" as it were.

Very interesting. . . .BTW I didn't succeed last night at all; just had a moving sheet of abstract "writing" or symbols, some like Greek letters, others totally unkown to me, screening past for a long time, always in 2 rows, white on a black background. . . . .

Blog Entries

Actually, I found your advice here helpful too, CF. I only had vibrations a few times before I started projecting without them. Occasionally I 'd get electricity up the spine on re-entry (loved that - when's that going to happen again?!) but even that was short-lived. I also began preferring lucid dreams, as you know, because I bypassed the etheric where, usually, not a lot happened for me and where I'd occasionally encounter an entity that would hinder my progress and give me the heebie jeebies. I've sometimes had to ask myself if I was actually lucid in some of my dreams because I've acted and thought very naturally within the context of the dream and exerted control but without going, "Ha ha, I'm dreaming." Hmm, food for thought.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

CFT- Can/will you explain your exit technique?
    Grant

Blog Entries

Hi Grant. My exit techniques depend on my symptoms. Here is a list of what I do depending on them:
    http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...xit-vibrations

Lately I have just been 'leaning on' a landscape, since I've been getting a lot of movement sensations more than anything else.