Thread: stiff arm raised / female "soul voice" ?

stiff arm raised / female "soul voice" ?

Hello and G'day Bruce,

I'm a beginner, so I am sorry I need to ask a beginner question.
    But it is about problems or facts which I did not find anything about in your book Astral Dynamics or in Buhlman's or Monroe's books.

The situation:
    I am close to going out when trying early in the morning from a hypnagogic state , after getting up shortly (raising the blinds to let sunlight in) and lying down again. Starting affirmations then kind of works to produce vibrations ... but I don't get further anymore. (I only had one successful exit so far from a lucid dream last year).

The first strange thing:
    One time I spoke the affirmations, sth like "I am out of body now", and "my" own voice was a soft and very tender female voice !
    Funny... As I am a man (in this life at least) I was wondering . Do we have a kind of "soul voice" and can it be the other gender if it wants to? Maybe I led more lifes as a woman before (but okay ... that's a different topic...). Or did then s.o. else speak to me/ with me / for me?

Second question:
    I always have a raised "stiff" arm when in the hypnagogic state trying to induce the exit with affirmations and vibrations increasing. The raised arm seems to me like I did this before (but when?) because I it happens automatically and "naturally" to me. It is just raised and paralysed, up in the air. But it is not my physical body I am sure. Sometimes I also see it (astral sight I suppose). But still I don't get out. Nothing more happens.

I am a side-sleeper, however when I am in "the state" I am "turning around" and clearly lying on the back (raising the arm)! But it's not my physical body, because when I break off the attempt and let it go I kind of "return" or "wake up" to my posture again that I already was in, lying on the side. So I definitely already had a changed position of my second / etheric body?

So do you have an idea for me what goes wrong as I cannot float out as before, and what the arm/voice actually could be? (So it's actually three questions in total).

Thanks so much in advance for any comments
    Best wishes
    Volgerle
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Re: stiff arm raised / female "soul voice" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    Hello and G'day Bruce,
    Hi Volgerle.
    I am going to answer your question because most of what you ask has been answered by Robert and others in many places. I will add links as I find them so you can read more.

The situation:
    I am close to going out when trying early in the morning from a hypnagogic state , after getting up shortly (raising the blinds to let sunlight in) and lying down again. Starting affirmations then kind of works to produce vibrations ... but I don't get further anymore. (I only had one successful exit so far from a lucid dream last year).
    As you change your OBE methods may change. So I'd ask you, have you tried doing any energy work or body loosening exercises? Exit techniques? The first ones might help get you in a deeper trance. Also, vibrations don't always happen, so waiting for vibrations may not be the thing to do anymore.

The first strange thing:
    One time I spoke the affirmations, sth like "I am out of body now", and "my" own voice was a soft and very tender female voice !
    Funny... As I am a man (in this life at least) I was wondering . Do we have a kind of "soul voice" and can it be the other gender if it wants to? Maybe I led more lifes as a woman before (but okay ... that's a different topic...). Or did then s.o. else speak to me/ with me / for me?
    You are hearing voices that may be from your female self aspects, or any other part of your subconscious. You may think you spoke it, but probably didn't. This is known as astral noise, and can manifest in many ways.
    In Astral Dynamics, p.512-513, Robert Bruce writes:
    "I believe there are two possible causes for astral noises:
    Accidental: It is possible that natural sounds and voices are picked up by the heightened senses of the projecting double, as it tunes into parts of the local real-time or astral environment during the prelude to an exit.
    Deliberate: Another possibility is that some astral noises are deliberately produced and telepathically aimed at projectors by low order astral wildlife. "
    Here is a thread that speaks about this also:
    viewtopic.php?t=1985

Second question:
    I always have a raised "stiff" arm when in the hypnagogic state trying to induce the exit with affirmations and vibrations increasing. The raised arm seems to me like I did this before (but when?) because I it happens automatically and "naturally" to me. It is just raised and paralysed, up in the air. But it is not my physical body I am sure. Sometimes I also see it (astral sight I suppose). But still I don't get out. Nothing more happens.
    This indicates partial separation. Your etheric body is already disengaged, but not completely. You need to do some sort of exit technique to finalize the projection.

I am a side-sleeper, however when I am in "the state" I am "turning around" and clearly lying on the back (raising the arm)! But it's not my physical body, because when I break off the attempt and let it go I kind of "return" or "wake up" to my posture again that I already was in, lying on the side. So I definitely already had a changed position of my second / etheric body?
    Yes. You are projected 'in place'. It's time to do an exit technique.

So do you have an idea for me what goes wrong as I cannot float out as before, and what the arm/voice actually could be? (So it's actually three questions in total).
    The projection reflex doesn't always happen automatically, that is why Robert teaches such things as trance, loosening and exit techniques.
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/astr ... ction.html
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/astr ... in-ap.html
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: stiff arm raised / female "soul voice" ?

G'day,

1. This would appear to be a manifestation of your higher self, the voice. Beyond this, there is not much I can tell you. This is a positive thing.

2. Interesting phenomena. I suggest you use commands to rectify this, or to use it. you are obviously partly out of body, at least your arm is out of body, so you are close to the exit. Speak commands in your mind 'I leave my body and remember everything' or 'my arm is relaxed' or use the arm to pull yourself out of body. Some experimentation will help.

3. Something is happening and you are getting results and phenomena. Build on this. Be patient. Don't rush. Relax and observe and perceive what is happening.

robert