Thread: Strange dreams

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Strange dreams

There are sometimes dreams or lucid dreams which make a breakthrough in the understanding. Not just symbolic dreams, but the ones that give you direct inisights into many things.

Here's what I experienced tonight:

I was waking up, and I saw my bedoom, but everything around me was blurred and foggy. I realized that I'm still sleeping and this is not real image, but once I realized that, I woke up "again". Now the perception was very clear, but my mind worked differently than usually! My memory was different: facts that I remembered about the items placed in my bedroom, now have changed, for example placement of the bed was different than in reality. But in that moment I was certain that this was right placement of my bed, while in reality the bed should be in a different area in the room.

In other words, in that moment I didn't "remember" that the bed should be (and in fact is) in a different position than it was supposed to be. Yet it was in a different position in this after-second-awake state. You probably guessed that I was still sleeping, but I thought I awaken for good, as everything else was in my bedroom fine.

In short, my perception of things changed, my memory of where these things should be placed also changed. I had only a vague feeling that something is different, but that's all. My mind worked differently!

One thing was also different: a quite strong feeling of something unusual happening in that moment.

In the next moment I realized why the feeling of something special happening appeared: I looked out of the window and saw surprising image: a big dark-gray starship in a shape of rectangular box flying on the sky, no doubt an alien starship. I was shocked, observing it slowly moving on the night sky.

Although my mind worked differently, my perception was very clear, my thinking was clear, I didn't realized that this was still a dream-state! I really thought I awoke for good. My mind was not blurred as typically it is in the dream state, just wasn't working in the same way! However, in the next moment, after the starship disappeared in the window, I woke up then for real.

What is amazing about this experience is the fact that it gives the insight of how mind and memory can be easily and flexibly changed, modified and even the idea of obvious facts (like things in the room) can be replaced with "new, modified" facts.

Interesting, isn't it?

The most remarkable thing to me is how memory can be so easily modified and replaced with new facts. And - again I would put a quote by Robert Bruce: memory is everything! Without memory, no experience has value - at all!
    Last edited by Antares; 29th September 2023 at 03:42 PM.

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts